Old May 23rd 17, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Japanese telegraph key inquiry

An imitation of the US Army Signal Corps J-38 telegraph key was made in Jap
an during the 50s. The trunnions were supported by ball bearing race cups
mounted at the end of adjusting screws. These keys were marked JJ-38 on th
e plastic base. They also had a shunt strap across the back of the base to
use in connecting the other side of a land line and a receiving instrument
.. NOW the question! Can anyone tell me what size and how many of those ba
ll bearings were in each of the trunnion support cups? I got this thing wh
en I bought something else that was sold with it as a single purchase. I d
idn't want it but now I feel I should fix it. I found a circuit closer bar
knob and a 6-32 carriage headed screw to hold it on. I found a replacemen
t nickel plated wire binding post to replace the missing one. Now if I can
identify and replace the ball bearings with the right size it will be full
y usable. I will probably then give it to the most interested kid at my ne
xt land line telegraphy demonstration.

So the question is how many ball bearings and what size go in the trunnion
support cups of the 1950ish JJ-38 imitation J-38 that was made in Japan. K
Someone Please.

--
Tom Horne W3TDH

Inquiry finestjava Boatanchors 4 July 12th 08 05:48 PM
inquiry from a newb Steve Antenna 13 September 7th 07 09:55 PM
JerryO inquiry Twistedhed CB 29 January 10th 04 12:16 AM
Jerry O inquiry Robert The Bruce CB 1 January 7th 04 12:54 AM
DDS Kit - debugging inquiry Gavin Jacobs Homebrew 4 December 28th 03 11:26 AM