Old August 2nd 05, 12:34 AM
b.b.

K=D8HB wrote:
"b.b." wrote

Maybe Morse can go back to being an encoding scheme, and Farnsworth
can go back to being a teaching method.

Thus it is, thus it always has been.... I don't understand "go back to"..=

..=2E

73, de Hans, K0HB

Morse had become merely a licensing hurdle, Farnsworth a testing
scheme. Now if anyone bothers to learn Morse, it will be to use it.

Old August 2nd 05, 02:36 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

KØHB wrote:
"b.b." wrote

Maybe Morse can go back to being an encoding scheme, and Farnsworth
can go back to being a teaching method.

Thus it is, thus it always has been.... I don't understand "go back
to"....

73, de Hans, K0HB

Morse had become merely a licensing hurdle, Farnsworth a testing
scheme. Now if anyone bothers to learn Morse, it will be to use it.

You know something? Your probably right....and actually that is a good
thing.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 2nd 05, 11:14 PM
b.b.

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

K=D8HB wrote:
"b.b." wrote

Maybe Morse can go back to being an encoding scheme, and Farnsworth
can go back to being a teaching method.

Thus it is, thus it always has been.... I don't understand "go back
to"....

73, de Hans, K0HB

Morse had become merely a licensing hurdle, Farnsworth a testing
scheme. Now if anyone bothers to learn Morse, it will be to use it.

You know something? Your probably right....and actually that is a good
thing.

Dan/W4NTI

People may not always agree with my opinions, but that's OK with me.

There were plenty of Code Tape Extra's out there who never worked a dit
in their lives.

Old August 2nd 05, 11:43 PM
John Smith

b.b.:

Uhhh, we "code tape wizards" and "computer taught b*st*rds" are "out there"
(more ways than one, I suppose), and if a code reader can't display it on the
screen--we can probably live without those "words of wisdom."

Art Bell said, "CW is dead!" If Art Bell (even more trustworthy than Santa and
the New York Times!) says it, Victoria, it is true!

John

"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old August 2nd 05, 11:47 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

KØHB wrote:
"b.b." wrote

Maybe Morse can go back to being an encoding scheme, and Farnsworth
can go back to being a teaching method.

Thus it is, thus it always has been.... I don't understand "go back
to"....

73, de Hans, K0HB

Morse had become merely a licensing hurdle, Farnsworth a testing
scheme. Now if anyone bothers to learn Morse, it will be to use it.

You know something? Your probably right....and actually that is a good
thing.

Dan/W4NTI

People may not always agree with my opinions, but that's OK with me.

There were plenty of Code Tape Extra's out there who never worked a dit
in their lives.

Of course there were/are. Lots of folks never cared a lick if they actually
operated CW or not. And to them it was a hurdle to do 13 or 20.

But to those select few that actually enjoyed the mode it became a real pain
hearing about how hard it was to learn, how useless, how unnecessary, etc.

Now perhaps the debate will finally END. And those that like CW can
continue to enjoy it. And help those that want to learn it, learn it, and
also enjoy it. And use it and not have to put up with all the whinning any
longer.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 3rd 05, 02:00 AM
Mike Coslo

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Now perhaps the debate will finally END. And those that like CW can
continue to enjoy it. And help those that want to learn it, learn it, and
also enjoy it. And use it and not have to put up with all the whinning any
longer.

You are an optimist Dan! The whining has only begun. Those writtens are
just too darn HARD!

- Mike KB3EIA -
Old August 3rd 05, 03:00 AM
b.b.

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"b.b." wrote in message
oups.com...

K=D8HB wrote:
[...]

Even 5wpm was an unnecessary hurdle to folks not interested in the
mode.

But to those select few that actually enjoyed the mode it became a real p=

ain
hearing about how hard it was to learn, how useless, how unnecessary, et=

c=2E

Why?

Now perhaps the debate will finally END.

I hope so.

And those that like CW can continue to enjoy it.

I certainly hope so.

Just one question; why must I have learned Morse Code for you to enjoy
CW use?

And help those that want to learn it, learn it, and
also enjoy it.

I hope so.

And use it and not have to put up with all the whinning any longer.
=20
Dan/W4NTI

What whining?

Old August 3rd 05, 03:03 AM
b.b.

Mike Coslo wrote:
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

Now perhaps the debate will finally END. And those that like CW can
continue to enjoy it. And help those that want to learn it, learn it, and
also enjoy it. And use it and not have to put up with all the whinning any
longer.

You are an optimist Dan! The whining has only begun. Those writtens are
just too darn HARD!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Darkguard, you're funny.

Old August 3rd 05, 03:08 AM
b.b.

John Smith wrote:
b.b.:

Uhhh, we "code tape wizards" and "computer taught b*st*rds" are "out there"
(more ways than one, I suppose), and if a code reader can't display it on the
screen--we can probably live without those "words of wisdom."

Art Bell said, "CW is dead!" If Art Bell (even more trustworthy than Santa and
the New York Times!) says it, Victoria, it is true!

John

I have no problem with folks wanting to use CW. It just ****es me off
when they make claims of intentionally sending code so poorly that a
pimply-faced No-Code Tech with a code reader can't listen in.

Old August 3rd 05, 03:26 AM
KØHB

"b.b." wrote

It just ****es me off when they make claims of
intentionally sending code so poorly that a
pimply-faced No-Code Tech with a code
reader can't listen in.

Give it up Willy Weeper. "They" (a single guy) who said that is long since dead,
but you keep writing jeremiads on a topic that no living soul remains to
support.

And why is it that you continue to hijack my satirical character, Billy Beeper?

beep beep
de Hans, K0HB

(Apologies to Kurt Vonnegut)

To all external appearances, Farnsworth Corners, U.S.A., is bright, cheerful,
and happy. However, in dark corners of the city lurk Godless Nocoders who seek
to undermine the moral fabric of our mighty Nation.

In a dirty basement apartment, an underfed, seedy-looking old man wearing small,
round spectacles and threadbare clothes, types furiously at a musty desk
illumined only by a single, naked bulb. As the pages fly through his typewriter,
an evil plan gradually emerges: a treacherous treatise which threatens the
well-being of the upright citizens of Farnsworth Corners. The work is completed,
and the old man leans back thoughtfully and smiles as he rubs the three-day
stubble on his chin. The time has come for the Hammer of Leonard to strike!

Some weeks later, in another part of town, little Billy Beeper walks home from
school. Suddenly he hears a voice right next to his ear.

"Psst! Hey, kid! Would you like to try my 2M HT? It's free!"

Billy's eyes open wide as he faces the stranger. An embroidered patch on the
mans soiled jumpsuit reads "Codefree Charlie". "Gosh, no! N2EY told me never to
touch a radio which didn't beep!"

"Aw, c'mon!" says the old man. "I only wanna be friends with you!"

"Well, I don't know," replies Billy. "I was told that FM was bad for you!"

"That's just what the grown-ups say to scare you!" says the drooling man.

"The truth is that they don't want you to try it 'cause it'll make you grow up
faster and be able to smoke cigarettes and drink liquor just like them!"

Billy is hesitant, but suddenly a tall form looms before them and grabs the
ruffian by the collar.

"Golly!" exclaims Billy. "It's Captain Code!"

Yes, Readers, it's Captain Code: faster than a Vibroplex Blue Racer, more
powerful than an Alpha three-holer, able to leap tall pileups in a single bound.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, old man," says Captain Code to the hoodlum.
"There are far better ways to earn money than to hoodwink innocent children into
a life of codelessness. It's to the FCC for you!

"And as for you, young friend, take my advice and stay away from strangers, and
believe nothing that they say. It's tragic, but until Godless Nocodism is
abolished from the world, there will always be those who would like nothing
better than to hurt you ."

"Gee, thanks, Captain Code!" says Billy. "I promise that I'll always listen to
Mom and Dad, and I'll keep away from strangers with shacks on their belt!"

New Morse training tape KØHB General 46 August 11th 05 01:07 PM
Morse Code: One Wonders... and Begins to Think ! [ -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ] RHF Shortwave 0 January 5th 04 03:49 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part One (Code Test) N2EY Policy 6 December 2nd 03 04:45 AM
Some comments on the NCVEC petition D. Stussy Policy 13 August 5th 03 04:23 AM
NCVEC NPRM for elimination of horse and buggy morse code requirement. Keith Policy 1 July 31st 03 03:46 AM