Old November 4th 03, 03:05 PM
charlesb

Default Digital voice for HF - Bandplan

The digital voice/data modem for HF looks interesting, but I immediately
wondered where the digital voice activity would fit in the bandplan.

The bands are divided into "Voice" and "Digital" segments... Hmmmmm!

That's not very much help on figuring out where the digital voice
transmissions should go.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Old November 4th 03, 06:30 PM
VHFRadioBuff

A simple Yahoo! search for "us amateur radio band plan" would have given you
numerous results.

According to Kenwood's chart:

Digital is used on the following:
28100 - 28200
21025 - 21200 (Also CW)
18068 - 18110 (Also CW)
14025 - 14150 (also CW)
7025 - 7150 (also CW)
3525 - 3750 (also CW)

Hope that helps. Also, try that search I mentioned.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

Old November 5th 03, 02:37 AM
Hank Oredson

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
A simple Yahoo! search for "us amateur radio band plan" would have given you
numerous results.

According to Kenwood's chart:

Digital is used on the following:
28100 - 28200
21025 - 21200 (Also CW)
18068 - 18110 (Also CW)
14025 - 14150 (also CW)
7025 - 7150 (also CW)
3525 - 3750 (also CW)

Hope that helps. Also, try that search I mentioned.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

WHAT A LOOSER

Looser than what?

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old November 5th 03, 04:52 AM
Gene Storey

"charlesb" wrote

The digital voice/data modem for HF looks interesting, but I immediately
wondered where the digital voice activity would fit in the bandplan.

The bands are divided into "Voice" and "Digital" segments... Hmmmmm!

That's not very much help on figuring out where the digital voice
transmissions should go.

The modem can do both voice and data. The best place to use it would be
in band where both modes are authorized. When using the voice mode you
really should be in a voice segment.

I just got my modem (from Universal Radio), and plan to set-up shop in the
20 meter band. Probably the same place where Q15 people hang out (data).

I'm a little ****ed that it doesn't have a KISS mode, but actually intend to use
it for voice mostly (in my truck), with a GPS tracker hooked-up to it for
position ID.