Old August 29th 06, 04:08 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default FA: $1010 BRAND-NEW MYSTERY SOLITRON DEVICES KS-20651 L1TO-3

Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

Old August 29th 06, 05:58 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wa2rqy wrote:

Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

That part number looks like a OEM marked part made for Western
Electric, and its very unlikely that you'll ever get any information.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 30th 06, 05:38 AM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wa2rqy wrote:
Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

If a part is custom made, a company will usually refuse any knowledge
of the part to anyone other than the company who orderd the production.
I have contacted ALPS about a couple of custom made potentiometers that
I have, and the company even refuses to reply. They are just protection
their investments, and dont want to divulge any more info than
necessary to tthe public.

Old August 30th 06, 11:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 29 Aug 2006 08:08:29 -0700, "wa2rqy" wrote:

Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

8 years ago I could have answered that - the AT&T arm I was in had
access to just about any Bell System documentation (yes, I was the
document "pack rat" in the organization).

If you can find someone who works for Lucent (most recent name for the
Western Electric organization), they might be able to locate info.

Old August 31st 06, 03:32 AM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
wa2rqy wrote:

Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

That part number looks like a OEM marked part made for Western
Electric, and its very unlikely that you'll ever get any information.

I would think ten minutes with a curve tracer would tell you everything
you need to know.

Hell, ten minutes with a DMM would tell you if it was a bipolar or FET,
the polarity, and the beta.
--scott

Old August 31st 06, 05:21 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Mr. J D" wrote:

wa2rqy wrote:
Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

If a part is custom made, a company will usually refuse any knowledge
of the part to anyone other than the company who orderd the production.
I have contacted ALPS about a couple of custom made potentiometers that
I have, and the company even refuses to reply. They are just protection
their investments, and dont want to divulge any more info than
necessary to tthe public.

They refuse, becasue custom parts are made under NDAs. If they gove
out the data they can end up in court. Also, a lot of the files are
destroyed after the orders are filled, so the OEM is the only one that
may still have the data.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 31st 06, 05:24 PM posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
wa2rqy wrote:

Even Solitron has'nt heard of these, read ad please(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=012

That part number looks like a OEM marked part made for Western
Electric, and its very unlikely that you'll ever get any information.

I would think ten minutes with a curve tracer would tell you everything
you need to know.

Hell, ten minutes with a DMM would tell you if it was a bipolar or FET,
the polarity, and the beta.
--scott

Yes, you can get an idea, but not the published specs. From the date
code and package they are probably pass transistors for power supplies,
like a 2N3055. The only other place they would use something in that
package would be a ring generator. which would have similar specs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida