Old June 14th 04, 07:14 PM
Nicolai Carpathia

Landshark wrote:
LOL!!! I love it. All I do is type Ditto to "LMAO" and notice Geo calls
ME a hypocrite. He should talk, right BP. He defends Doug a known Felon,
repeater jammer, porn poster, spammer, nut case. Leland defends Doug
too, so George has no legs to stand on when calling other people
hypocrites.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0La ndshark
_
Frank and Hall and both ran to defend N8WWM on many occasions, too. This
little group is what comprises the "akc" that Frank always refers. Hell,
"AKC" is one of Frank's favorite terms,,google THAT term and see who
pioneered it,,,Doug, Frank, Lelnad, Geogre, and Hall..in that order.

Old June 14th 04, 09:15 PM

rotflmao I dont think mounting 8 lb. of plumbing on your trunk lid is
efficient. There are easier ways to get bandwith. for example if you
want efficient youd be using a 9 ft whip. even bent over like a bow
the 9 ft is more efficient than a 4 ft loaded open air coil model.

Huh......... A bent over 9 foot whip has a very noticeable Loss
compared to a efficient 4 or 5 foot vertical.
Old June 14th 04, 10:32 PM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:52:38 GMT, "Chris"
wrote:

Thanks. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could make my own
antenna and see how well it worked. There are 2 reasons for the large
coil. In comparing a few antennas of roughly equal length, the ones with
large open coils tend to be more broad-banded. Larger materials also
have less resistive loss and more radiating are. The lower part doesn't
really have to be 1/2' copper pipe but it was the first thing I thought
of. I'm going with copper wire wrapped on pvc shortly.

Chris

Chris; Nice looking antenna, large open air coils are more efficient.
Some people see a large open air coil and think its all about power
handling capability. Are you planning on replacing the coil with pvc
wrapped with wire, or the lower section? If you want to beef up the
lower secton you might take a trip to a hamfest and pick up a lower
section of a Newtronics Hustler.

Hey Jay, what do you think about this antenna, and any news
on the 10K mobile yet?

Old June 15th 04, 03:00 AM

Huh......... A bent over 9 foot whip has a very noticeable Loss
compared to a efficient 4 or 5 foot vertical.

how do you know have you modeled it hoople head?

Many times...........even tested them.