Old November 6th 04, 03:07 PM
Silvio

Default please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma match

hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match a
vee quad , dela loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with details
how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a better way..
please help me 73s .......... thanks every one that may be able
to help .............

Old November 7th 04, 01:58 AM
Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\)

Sylvio,

I use full wave delta loops on 30 meters and 40 meters. To match them I use
a 1/4 wave 75 ohm feedline. (multiplied times the velocity factor of the
coax - about .81)

So, from the back of my radio I have a random length of RG/8 50 ohm coax.
Then I insert a 1/4 wave of 75 ohm coax to the antenna. This works quite
well for me and results in SWR of 1.1:1.

-larry
K8UT
hi..........

Old November 7th 04, 09:28 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Silvio" wrote in message
hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match
vee quad , dela loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details
how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a better
way..
please help me 73s .......... thanks every one that may be
able
to help .............

In addition to the 75 Ohm line that people have mentioned, there are also
2:1 and 2.25:1 matching transformers. Amidon sells the 2:1, but it is
expensive, $59, as I recall. Personally, I use 1/4 wavelength of RG11, but a
transformer might be better for multiband use.

Tam/WB2TT

Old November 15th 04, 09:42 PM
Drbob92031

Silvio" wrote in message
hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match
vee quad , dela loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details
how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a better
way..
please help me 73s .......... thanks every one that may be
able

Maybe too much infomation gets in the way. When in NYC on a city lot, I put up
a 20M delta loop, (upside down IE the apex at the bottom. The apex was open and
I fed it directlyw ith 73 ohm coax, No balun no tuner. Worked FB, go figure
Bob...WA2EAW