Old September 4th 05, 05:55 PM
Tony Van

Default Ladder Loc?

I'm refurbishing my center-fed zepp antenna. When I
constructed it, I used something called a ladder loc or
ladder lock
which is a plastic strain relief used
at the end of the ladder line to tie it to the radiating
wires.

Any one know if this is still made?

Tks AK1O

Old September 4th 05, 06:19 PM
pfriedmanNoSpam

"Tony Van" wrote in message
I'm refurbishing my center-fed zepp antenna. When I
constructed it, I used something called a ladder loc or ladder lock
which is a plastic strain relief used
at the end of the ladder line to tie it to the radiating
wires.

Any one know if this is still made?

Tks AK1O

A semi-answer. I don't know if Ladder Lok is still made, but Ten Tec sells a
similar product. Check their web site.

Paul AB0SI

Old September 4th 05, 06:41 PM
KC1DI

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:55:48 -0400, Tony Van
wrote:

I'm refurbishing my center-fed zepp antenna. When I
constructed it, I used something called a ladder loc or
ladder lock
which is a plastic strain relief used
at the end of the ladder line to tie it to the radiating
wires.

Any one know if this is still made?

Tks AK1O

HI,
The Wireman Still sell the Ladder-Loc. you can see it at
http://thewireman.com/antacc.html

73 Dave KC1DI

Old September 4th 05, 06:47 PM
Dave

i don't know what ladder loc is, but i am curious what a 'center fed zepp'
might be? could that possibly just be a dipole?? classically a 'zepp'
antenna was a 1/4 wave wire trailed from a zeppelin airship end-fed with a
1/4 wave feedline that essentially acts as the other half of the dipole.

Old September 4th 05, 08:30 PM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:55:48 -0400, "Tony Van"
wrote:

I'm refurbishing my center-fed zepp antenna. When I
constructed it, I used something called a ladder loc or
ladder lock
which is a plastic strain relief used
at the end of the ladder line to tie it to the radiating
wires.

Any one know if this is still made?

Tks AK1O

Still made. The Wireman, AES and Radio Works all sell it.

bob
k5qwg

Old September 4th 05, 08:44 PM
Ed

I'm refurbishing my center-fed zepp antenna. When I
constructed it, I used something called a ladder loc or
ladder lock
which is a plastic strain relief used
at the end of the ladder line to tie it to the radiating
wires.

Any one know if this is still made?

Yes. it is:

http://search.cartserver.com/search/...?cartid=a-6994
&category=newprices&maxhits=200&keywords=ladder-loc

and at: http://www.radioworks.com/PDFCat05/72.pdf

Ed K7AAT

Old September 4th 05, 08:44 PM
KC1DI

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:47:50 -0400, Dave wrote:

i don't know what ladder loc is, but i am curious what a 'center fed
zepp'
might be? could that possibly just be a dipole?? classically a 'zepp'
antenna was a 1/4 wave wire trailed from a zeppelin airship end-fed with
1/4 wave feedline that essentially acts as the other half of the dipole.

Hi Dave,

You are correct except it was a 1/2wave wire end fed with 1/4 wave feed
line.
But today the center fed dipole cut for the lowest desired frequency and
fed with open or ladder line is being call the center fed zepp by many..
I've also heard it called the Double Zepp. But the Doublet would be
better terminology to use. In any event he would be talkig about a dipole
I assume cut for 80m fed in the center with open wire parallel line of
some sort and used with a tuner on all bands.

73 Dave KC1DI

Old September 8th 05, 04:14 PM
Tony Van

Got to get it done before winter!

73

Feed Line Length - Ladder Line Pat Whelton Antenna 10 July 7th 05 12:54 AM
Coax Length for G5RV and Center Support for Ladder Line ? Gary Antenna 10 April 25th 05 02:27 AM
Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
Ladder Line question please? exray Boatanchors 0 April 23rd 04 11:39 PM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM