Old August 15th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default The ARRL "Diamond Terrace" Abomination

There are several hams I'd like to commemorate, but
the idea of putting their names under foot, where
teenagers spit their gum and people wipe excrement
off their shoes is appalling beyond words.
I don't know what California insane asylum inmate excreted
this revolting national fad of building "memorials" that people
walk all over, nor do I understand people who buy into
this abominable disgrace, but I won't spend a cent
to put the memory of my Elmer under someone's foot.
Dave AB5S

Old August 15th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

David Stinson wrote:

Making a couple of bucks off the relatives/friends of a few dead hams
who imagine themselves as "special" is disgusting, kinda like watching
your dad pick up a whore in skid row.

In the end, it is distracting from the individuals who really do stand
out as worthy of notice and recognition.

However, it does make one aware of how the once high standards of
America have fallen into disgrace along with corrupt politicians and
institutions of higher learning which are now "main-streaming" idiots ...

JS