Old April 27th 05, 01:40 AM
SR

Default Turn off your TV' and get a radio

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05113/493230.stm
Old April 27th 05, 01:09 PM
David

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:40:56 +0100, SR wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05113/493230.stm

I like to watch TV with the radio on while I read.

Old April 28th 05, 02:17 AM
m II

David wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:40:56 +0100, SR wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05113/493230.stm

I like to watch TV with the radio on while I read.

I had one put in the car, so I can amuse myself between cell phone calls and
drinking coffee from a two pint coffee mug. The buttered toast I enjoy on the
way to town makes the tuning slippery, though. I need a remote.

mike
Old April 28th 05, 03:38 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

SR wrote in :

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05113/493230.stm

The very short article in toto below. (somehow, I can't use the word "in
toto" without thinking of the Wizard of Oz ;-)

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...n+toto+&x=6&y=
14

"'Turn off your TV' and get a radio
Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Turn off your TV next week and the Allegheny County Health Department
will give you a free portable radio.

How will county officials know you didn't switch on the boob tube? Don't
worry; they'll take your word for it.

It's part of National TV-Turnoff Week, which begins Monday and runs
through May 1. Health officials are urging people to forsake their TVs
that week -- and their computers and video games -- and preferably get
outside for some healthy physical activity.

People can take the pledge by visiting the department's Web site,
www.achd.net "

Dr. Artaud
Old April 29th 05, 01:04 AM
SR

I hardly watch televion. I have a large color tv for my playstation
video games. And I have a old small Zenith Tube b&w, I use for watching
local news and PBS programs.

Most of my time goes on listening to shortwave radio, the am broadcast
and scanning the VHF/UHF radio bands. And of course the internet, which
I only use mainly for email, newsgroups and radio related websites.
When I can, I'll read MT, POP COMM, CQ magazine.

I do not care for HDTV, cable or Satellite radio.

One good thing about radio is, no matter how old a radio is, you could
still bring it to use. -This is real technology.

Old fashion radio is hear to stay!

SR!