Old July 23rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Vertical Yagi?

John Smith wrote:
John Ferrell wrote:

I offer up a progress report here with my work so far on the "Tilt
Over Gadget"
http://dixienc.us/TiltOverGadget/TiltOverGadget.mht

I will concede up front that it is but a crude prototype with some
unfinished aspects, but it works!

Thanks to all
John Ferrell W8CCW

Whatever that link is to, it will not open in internet explorer or
firefox on my computer ...

Regards,
JS

I stand corrected--I was finally able to get it to load into internet
explorer--after three tries!

Regards,
JS
Old July 23rd 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:07:40 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

John Smith wrote:
John Ferrell wrote:

I offer up a progress report here with my work so far on the "Tilt
Over Gadget"
http://dixienc.us/TiltOverGadget/TiltOverGadget.mht

I will concede up front that it is but a crude prototype with some
unfinished aspects, but it works!

Thanks to all
John Ferrell W8CCW

Whatever that link is to, it will not open in internet explorer or
firefox on my computer ...

Regards,
JS

I stand corrected--I was finally able to get it to load into internet
explorer--after three tries!

Regards,
JS

I will try to rework the web page into several smaller pages.
I put the page together with Word 2007 as a single file web page. All
of the pictures as well as all of the control information is packed
into a single (large) file which must be read before the display can
start. Since everything is in one file it is easy for me to keep it
intact for editing but cumbersome to dwnload...
John Ferrell W8CCW
Old July 23rd 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I will try to rework the web page into several smaller pages.
I put the page together with Word 2007 as a single file web page. All
of the pictures as well as all of the control information is packed
into a single (large) file which must be read before the display can
start. Since everything is in one file it is easy for me to keep it
intact for editing but cumbersome to dwnload...
John Ferrell W8CCW

Good thing. Most standards based web browsers, such as Firefox, Safari
etc. do not support this format. I refuse to use Internet Exploder
(which seems to have a bunch of non-standard stuff it supports and only
it supports)
Old July 23rd 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:25:34 -0400, Jerseyj
wrote:

I will try to rework the web page into several smaller pages.
I put the page together with Word 2007 as a single file web page. All
of the pictures as well as all of the control information is packed
into a single (large) file which must be read before the display can
start. Since everything is in one file it is easy for me to keep it
intact for editing but cumbersome to dwnload...
John Ferrell W8CCW

Good thing. Most standards based web browsers, such as Firefox, Safari
etc. do not support this format. I refuse to use Internet Exploder
(which seems to have a bunch of non-standard stuff it supports and only
it supports)

I am sorry to hear this! The ability to keep everything in a single
file greatly simplifies maintenance. I take care of several web sites
on a volunteer basis and keeping track of thngs is getting pretty
compicated. I will probably go back to Front Page for editing but not
uploading.
John Ferrell W8CCW
Old July 23rd 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

( ...Please download a browser that supports Web Archive,
such as Windows Internet Explorer. )

John Ferrell W8CCW wrote:
I am sorry to hear this! The ability to keep everything in a single
file greatly simplifies maintenance. I take care of several web sites
on a volunteer basis....

And those websites would be for.... the local Bill Gates Fan Club?

Old July 23rd 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Ferrell W8CCW wrote:
I am sorry to hear this! The ability to keep everything in a single
file greatly simplifies maintenance. I take care of several web sites
on a volunteer basis....

And those websites would be for.... the local Bill Gates Fan Club?

If Bill wanted a fan club he would probably just buy one. After all,
it really doesn't have to work...

It is all here at the moment....
http://dixienc.us/Home.htm
John Ferrell W8CCW
Old July 24th 08, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Ferrell W8CCW wrote:
I am sorry to hear this! The ability to keep everything in a single
file greatly simplifies maintenance. I take care of several web sites
on a volunteer basis....

And those websites would be for.... the local Bill Gates Fan Club?

If Bill wanted a fan club he would probably just buy one. After all,
it really doesn't have to work...

It is all here at the moment....
http://dixienc.us/Home.htm
John Ferrell W8CCW

As Microsoftisms go, this one is not among the worst. The format has a
standards track Internet RFC (RFC 2557) dating from 1999, and an open
Firefox bug dating from the same year. It is also supported by Opera.

However, the page doesn't open properly in Opera either. The web server
sends the browser the http header line 'Content-Type: text/plain',
telling the browser that the format is plain text.

So your web server isn't correctly configured for this format.

73
LA4RT Jon
Old July 24th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Jon Kare Hellan wrote:

RFC 2557

But as I understand it, this RFC is only standards track, not an
approved standard.
Old July 24th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Jon Kare Hellan wrote:

http://dixienc.us/Home.htm

I just added the UnMHT extension to Firefox and got the same result, I
suspect there's a bug in the server.
Old July 24th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jerseyj writes:

In article ,
Jon Kare Hellan wrote:

RFC 2557

But as I understand it, this RFC is only standards track, not an
approved standard.

That's true, but there are surprisingly few actual IETF standards. A
lot of the stuff which is expected of a good net citizen is actually
just "standards track" or even lower status.