Old November 28th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Kenwood TS430S Repair

I have a 430 and there is no power output. Receiver works fine. Don't
know if it is the finals or the power management circuit. I have used
the rig for several years and many hours of use. I was using Groton
Electronics for repair but they went out of business. Does anyone know
of a reliable place that will work on the Kenwood 430s.
Thanks

Old November 28th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

tladotse wrote:
I have a 430 and there is no power output. Receiver works fine. Don't
know if it is the finals or the power management circuit. I have used
the rig for several years and many hours of use. I was using Groton
Electronics for repair but they went out of business. Does anyone know
of a reliable place that will work on the Kenwood 430s.
Thanks

There is a TS-430 Yahoo group. Ask there. No power out can be caused by
many things, one of them is a bad connection easily fixed.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old November 29th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Check reviews of repair shops at eham:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/26
http://www.eham.net/forums/ModsAndRepairs/5895

Yahoo groups for advice:

Good luck - Roger

Old November 29th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

tladotse wrote:
I have a 430 and there is no power output. Receiver works fine. Don't
know if it is the finals or the power management circuit. I have used
the rig for several years and many hours of use. I was using Groton
Electronics for repair but they went out of business. Does anyone know
of a reliable place that will work on the Kenwood 430s.
Thanks

B&B Technical Services fixed mine.
http://www.amateur-repairs.com/FULL_MONTE_TS-430.htm
Good service, did take some time, about 3 weeks, but the results were worth the
wait.

Usual disclaimer, not connected, just a satisfied customer.
Old November 30th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Sam Morgan" wrote in message
tladotse wrote:
I have a 430 and there is no power output. Receiver works fine. Don't
know if it is the finals or the power management circuit. I have used
the rig for several years and many hours of use. I was using Groton
Electronics for repair but they went out of business. Does anyone know
of a reliable place that will work on the Kenwood 430s.
Thanks

B&B Technical Services fixed mine.
http://www.amateur-repairs.com/FULL_MONTE_TS-430.htm
Good service, did take some time, about 3 weeks, but the results were
worth the wait.

Usual disclaimer, not connected, just a satisfied customer.

Bill Leahy, K0ZL, who is owner and chief bench tech -
is also the moderator for the TS-430 and TS-440 Yahoo groups.

w9gb

Kenwood R-5000 (R5000) Receiver - Information and Resources RHF Shortwave 1 January 17th 05 02:03 PM
Kenwood hf repair DXer Dx 0 September 11th 04 06:02 PM
Kenwood & Yaesu Repair Service John Equipment 0 January 17th 04 12:58 PM
Kenwood & Yaesu Repair Service John Swap 0 January 17th 04 12:56 PM
Kenwood 930/940 Repair Service John Boatanchors 0 January 11th 04 01:34 AM