Old September 25th 03, 06:43 PM
GeorgeF

recalcitrant ham op wrote:

Did you *REALLY THINK* that a couple hundred
aging HF operating tightwad ham radio operators
are going to stop an emerging technology that will
conceivably network home appliances to the internet
and be worth $BILLIONS$ in potential revenue ??

Hams are the least of the problems. There are many other users of the
HF range who will be effected other than hams. Here's just a few:

US Coast Guard makes high use of HF
All branches of the military
Many long distance marine comms are still on HF
TransAtlantic and Pacific Air Traffic Control Comms are HF
(Imagine if the ATC ground station can't hear an Aircraft call is
position).

And that's just a few services who are heavy uses of HF.

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com
With DSL who needs BPL?

Old September 25th 03, 11:04 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Keith" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:31:17 GMT,
opcom in wrote:

What have you done for Amateur Radio today?
--^^---------------------------------------------------------------

The question is what has the ARRL done to the future of Ham Radio
by hanging on to the Morse Code Requirement? It has killed it.

--
Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/
= http://slrn.org SLRN 0.9.8.0 is out.

=======================================

You really are a dumbass ain't ya Kieth? Tell me, in you apparantly drug
clouded brain. How BPL and CW have anything to do with each other?

Oh never mind. You ain't worth reading anylonger.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 25th 03, 11:04 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Keith" wrote in message
news

Old September 25th 03, 11:05 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"recalcitrant ham op" wrote in message

"opcom" wrote in message
This was posted to ARLI, I don't know how many
subscribe, but in spite of the numerous comments
against BPL (transmitting wideband internet data
over power lines, which will destroy the HF radio
spectrum), the FCC seems disposed to encourage
it anyway. evil! evil! just look up BPL on the web. T
the noise from the radiated signals trashed the ham bands thoroughly.

I guess you never heard that money talks and bull**** walks eh?

Did you *REALLY THINK* that a couple hundred
aging HF operating tightwad ham radio operators
are going to stop an emerging technology that will
conceivably network home appliances to the internet
and be worth $BILLIONS$ in potential revenue ??

Jeezehus-H-christ...get F-N real !!

Sure we will. All we need to is put up KW level beacon stations.

End of BPL.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 26th 03, 12:45 AM
Frank Dresser

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

Sure we will. All we need to is put up KW level beacon stations.

End of BPL.

Dan/W4NTI

Why would that end BPL?

Frank Dresser

Old September 26th 03, 01:55 AM
Frank Todd K3EKO

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Keith" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:31:17 GMT,
opcom in wrote:

What have you done for Amateur Radio today?
--^^---------------------------------------------------------------

The question is what has the ARRL done to the future of Ham Radio
by hanging on to the Morse Code Requirement? It has killed it.

--
Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/
= http://slrn.org SLRN 0.9.8.0 is out.

=======================================

You really are a dumbass ain't ya Kieth? Tell me, in you apparantly drug
clouded brain. How BPL and CW have anything to do with each other?

Oh never mind. You ain't worth reading anylonger.

Dan/W4NTI

Keith,

Just ignore Dan. Everyone in his mind is a DUMBASS. the only one who
is perfect is HIM, PERIOD.

--
73

Frank K3EKO

Old September 26th 03, 01:55 AM
Frank Todd K3EKO

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

"Keith" wrote in message
news

Old September 26th 03, 02:24 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

"opcom" wrote in message
This was posted to ARLI, I don't know how many
subscribe, but in spite of the numerous comments
against BPL (transmitting wideband internet data
over power lines, which will destroy the HF radio
spectrum), the FCC seems disposed to encourage
it anyway. evil! evil! just look up BPL on the web. T
the noise from the radiated signals trashed the ham bands thoroughly.

I guess you never heard that money talks and bull**** walks eh?

Did you *REALLY THINK* that a couple hundred
aging HF operating tightwad ham radio operators
are going to stop an emerging technology that will
conceivably network home appliances to the internet
and be worth $BILLIONS$ in potential revenue ??

Fortunately, our HF bands are interleave in between
allocation for aeronautical mobile, maritime mobile,
DoD, private fixed service, short wave broadcasting,
etc.

I do not believe that we will be anywhere near close
to being alone in this battle.

Carl - wk3c

Kenwood TS-940 & TS-930 Repair Service John Boatanchors 1 March 6th 11 06:03 AM
Kenwood hf repair DXer Dx 2 September 11th 04 06:27 PM
Kenwood hf repair DXer Dx 0 September 11th 04 06:02 PM
Kenwood & Yaesu Repair Service John Boatanchors 0 January 31st 04 10:18 AM
Kenwood 930/940 Repair Service John Boatanchors 0 January 11th 04 01:34 AM