Old December 24th 04, 10:09 PM
patgkz

Default Star Roamer Under Da Tree

I just know that Santa will bring me my Knight Star Roamer this year. Been
waiting since 1967.

I can just smell the aroma of burning solder flux. I hope that Allied
prestripped and tinned all the wires to their exact length. I can hardly
wait to mount last component on the chassis and listen to stations through
the thick 120 cycle hum of the half-wave power supply. I just know that if
I do a real good alignment on the radio, the set will be sensitive up to
30MHz even though it has no RF amplifier. My code key is ready so I can
practice Morse when I crank up the Sensitivity control so the IF starts
oscillating.

If not a Star Roamer....maybe a Span Master will do.

Thanks Santa! I'll leave a couple of 807's for you on the table.

Star Roamer Under Da Tree patgkz Boatanchors 22 January 16th 05 04:02 AM
Star Roamer Update patgkz Boatanchors 2 December 30th 04 06:51 AM
best stealth antenna for a 50 foot tree? The Eternal Squire Antenna 3 June 19th 04 08:30 AM
Tree Antenna Fractenna Antenna 1 May 22nd 04 02:28 AM
Globe Star CB radio -- need manual, schematic, service info, etc K5DH Boatanchors 7 January 21st 04 02:34 PM