Old March 24th 12, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

Default ham radio loses another one

http://www.dearbornfreepress.com/201...-for-facebook/
Old March 24th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

In a case like that, I would allow him the use of EchoLink for "DX" and
contacts in general. It's not real DX, like I was just doing on 10 meters.
Old March 25th 12, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

kb9rqz wrote SLAP

shaddup
Old March 25th 12, 08:29 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Morgan[_11_] View Post
My sentiments exactly -

First off - this is a scanner forum.
Second off - they never gave his call sign.
Third off - just because a person hold a call sign, does not make them a ham radio operator - as in world class ham radio operator.

There is plenty of LIDS in this world, who's only goal in life, is to check into the Rooster Net every morning, crow like a chicken and make a fool of themselves and then talk about their aches and pains and complain about how expensive everything is and then leave.

That does not make the Hiram Percy Maxium.

At the same time, a person does not move and then after moving say - oh and by the way, I would also like to expect to use my amateur radio equipment and put up my own tower.

The world does not revolve around you, and even if it did, if you were the only ham there, what would they do with that tower in a couple of months after you died?

There are rest home communities and even who developments that involves senior citizens who operates their own ham radio equipment.
One such town in Arizona - has 3 or 4 ham radio clubs just in their one town alone - and fully manned and maintained stations which all members of their gated community is allowed to operate anytime they wish.

Negative publicity isn't going to get you any brownie points - when we already have 700,000 licensed hams - most of which are only Technician class license holders, who walks around with their $50 - $150 handi talkies - who does not understand how amateur communications really works.

All they understand is that their cell phones and their cordless phones works on the principal of wireless - and so they do not need to invest in all kinds of radio equipment, antenna's, power supplies, SWR meters, coax, towers, computers for logging etc.
All you need is a walkie talkie and a local repeater so you can jabber like a monkey in a tree.

If this person was a real ham - as others has said, they would have already invested in a computer - ( I know - taboo to stupid old folks who refuses to learn anything ) and a mic and a head set and internet access and they could literally check in to thousands of repeaters all over the world.

Even that does not make them a real good ham, but at least it allows them to stay active...
This topic is several years old
I know because I saw the same newspaper article a year or more ago.......
Old March 25th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

Mark Morgan wrote:
kb9rqz wrote SLAP

shaddup

Do you know there is an Italian song titled, "Shaddup You Face"? It was
composed by Joe Dolce. I have it in an Italian-American songbook I bought at
Amazon.com.

Old March 27th 12, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

"Bill Graham" wrote in
:

Mark Morgan wrote:
kb9rqz wrote SLAP

shaddup

Do you know there is an Italian song titled, "Shaddup You
Face"? It was composed by Joe Dolce. I have it in an
Italian-American songbook I bought at Amazon.com.

ive been listnening to mostly punce polka lately hear is a
smaple -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul6AKHkecwU
Old March 27th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.cb,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house.homeowner-assn

"kb9rqz" wrote SLAP

shaddup
Old May 2nd 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On like a monkey in a tree.

If this person was a real ham - as others has said, they would have
already invested in a computer - ( I know - taboo to stupid old folks
who refuses to learn anything ) and a mic and a head set and internet
access and they could literally check in to thousands of repeaters all
over the world.transmit on

--
Channel Jumper

that's strange, because I just recently read ona ham website that it
is and always has been frowned uponon any ham repeater anywhere in the
world and is and always has been against good amateur practice to
transmit on ham radio repeaters anywhwere in the world from a computer
if you're using a computer through echolink and therefore against FCC
rules to do so. Since FCC rules say that all amateurs must operate
with "good amateur practice" at all times. The sites said that
echolink on a ham radio repeater should only be used if you are
transmitting through echolink from another radio. And that if you are
transmitting yjrough echolink from a computer, to ONLY connect to
another computer user through eccholink and not to any repeaters,
links, or conferences, and that anything else is "bad amateur practice
and against the FCC rules).

Well, that's what the hams claim anyway.

So therefore, according to the ham website, there is NO way at all
hams in nursing homes can legally operate on ham radio repeaters
through echolink from their computers.

It has to be a radio or nothing.

Of course, after seeing how many so-called "hams" idiotic posts in
these newsgroups, I'll of course, completely ignore them.

Why the GOP loses Ima[_2_] Shortwave 6 October 12th 09 03:02 AM
BC895XL Loses Memory SR Scanner 7 June 19th 06 06:36 AM
Man loses son,home in one month [email protected] Shortwave 2 April 11th 05 07:27 PM
If kerry loses.... harvey CB 28 October 31st 04 01:19 AM
WA3MOJ loses control again BadaBing CB 2 December 2nd 03 03:36 PM