Old July 10th 05, 02:43 AM

Default Voice of Justice -Iran?

I tuned in to the VOJ a few nights ago. Even though they said that
they were broadcasting from Tehran, I felt that the announcers had
accents which sounded Chinese, with the difficulty pronouncing "l" and
"r" sounds. The signal was every bit as strong as from CRI, too.
Being that there are quite a few nations which are opposed to the US,
and broadcast shortwave programming accordingly, I can believe that
China would take shots at us in the name of the Iranians (even without
any kind of agreement to do so) just to add more rhetoric against the
United States in earshot of its people.
Yeah, I know that it sounds weird, but I've heard a lot of weird stuff
on shortwave over the years.

Old July 10th 05, 03:54 AM
running dogg

I tuned in to the VOJ a few nights ago. Even though they said that
they were broadcasting from Tehran, I felt that the announcers had
accents which sounded Chinese, with the difficulty pronouncing "l" and
"r" sounds. The signal was every bit as strong as from CRI, too.
Being that there are quite a few nations which are opposed to the US,
and broadcast shortwave programming accordingly, I can believe that
China would take shots at us in the name of the Iranians (even without
any kind of agreement to do so) just to add more rhetoric against the
United States in earshot of its people.
Yeah, I know that it sounds weird, but I've heard a lot of weird stuff
on shortwave over the years.

VOJ is officially at least from Iran. It's possible that they get
technical help from China. It's also possible that they're broadcast
from a Chinese tx. Traditional Iranian SW has trouble reaching the US
because of the time difference-it's the middle of the day here when it's
the middle of the night there, or vice versa, so the signal tends to get
absorbed by the D layer. I've only heard Iran once here in California,
and that was in Farsi, and it was mixing with a CNR outlet, AND in the
middle of the night my time. (The Middle East tends to come in well for
a couple hours in the evenings, which is their local sunrise, but other
than that I don't hear a peep.) So it's concievable that the Iranians
have brokered a deal to use Chinese transmitters and Chinese technical
help in order to reach the US. BTW, what is the freq/time of VOJ? It's
been posted here before but I lost all my freq lists when I moved.

Old July 10th 05, 04:08 AM

My reception of VOJ is pretty good here on the East Coast, but I'd
never compare it to CRI. My guess is that VOJ is broadcast from Tehran,
using quite a bit of power.

Steve

Old July 10th 05, 04:05 PM

I don't remember what frequency I was tuned to, but a previous poster
here had it as 9495 kHz.

Old July 10th 05, 04:41 PM
Michael

"running dogg" wrote in message

[...]