Old November 19th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
David Stinson

Default UPS Rate Increase

....Since you are a UPS customer, we want to give you advance notice of
new UPS rates that will take effect January 2, 2006. You can click here
by December 12, 2005 to request a reminder e-mail when the new rates go
into effect and the 2006 UPS Rate and Service Guide is available on
ups.comŽ.

UPS published On-Demand Rates* will change as follows: Commercial Ground
will increase 3.9%, and UPS Air and International Services will increase
5.5%....Adjustments will be made to accessorial charges in 2006. The
residential surcharge for UPS Ground will increase by $0.25. The
residential surcharge for UPS Air Services and UPS 3 Day SelectSM will
increase by $0.35. The Additional Handling charge and the charge for
Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.) service will increase by $1 per package.
UPS Delivery Confirmation and Signature Required services will increase
by $0.25 per package, and Adult Signature Required service will increase
by $0.50.

On December 1, 2005, you may view all On-Demand Rates and accessorial
charges for 2006 at ondemandrates.ups.com. Updated service and rate
information, as well as a downloadable copy of the 2006 UPS Rate and
Service Guide, will be available on ups.com on January 2, 2006.
Thank you for the business you entrust to UPS....
Old November 19th 05, 03:18 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill

David Stinson wrote:

...Since you are a UPS customer, we want to give you advance notice of
new UPS rates that will take effect January 2, 2006. You can click here
by December 12, 2005 to request a reminder e-mail when the new rates go
into effect and the 2006 UPS Rate and Service Guide is available on
ups.comŽ.

They're just doing that to keep up with the USPS rate increase because
they have the opportunity to get away with it

-Bill
Old November 19th 05, 04:34 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
David G. Nagel

Bill wrote:
David Stinson wrote:

...Since you are a UPS customer, we want to give you advance notice of
new UPS rates that will take effect January 2, 2006. You can click
here by December 12, 2005 to request a reminder e-mail when the new
rates go into effect and the 2006 UPS Rate and Service Guide is
available on ups.comŽ.

They're just doing that to keep up with the USPS rate increase because
they have the opportunity to get away with it

-Bill

Actually by law UPS and its competitors must charge three (3) times what
the Post Office charges for its priority packages and letters. UPS would
love to reduce its rates. It would mean more business for them.

Dave N
Old November 19th 05, 05:45 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brenda Ann

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
David Stinson wrote:

...Since you are a UPS customer, we want to give you advance notice of
new UPS rates that will take effect January 2, 2006. You can click here
by December 12, 2005 to request a reminder e-mail when the new rates go
into effect and the 2006 UPS Rate and Service Guide is available on
ups.comŽ.

They're just doing that to keep up with the USPS rate increase because
they have the opportunity to get away with it

-Bill

Actually by law UPS and its competitors must charge three (3) times what
the Post Office charges for its priority packages and letters. UPS would
love to reduce its rates. It would mean more business for them.

I'd like to see that in writing. For domestic shipping, FedEx is often
cheaper than USPS (I don't have the option of using FedEx or UPS, since I'm
at a military APO). The upside of this is, if I DID use FedEx for US
shipping, it would cost me over $200 for a 20lb parcel.. but USPS charges
only for shipping from San Francisco to any point stateside.

Old November 19th 05, 07:18 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brenda Ann

"Bill" wrote in message

A question, Bren...do they do the 7.70 Flat Rate Priority for APO
addresses? They do here but I consistently have guys quoting $10-20 for
priority mail for small heavy stuff because they don't know the
system...or they believe what the goofy postal clerk told them

Yep, sure do.. and the other size Flat Rate boxes as well.

Know what you mean about soaking you on shipping.. I see them all the time
that want to add heavy extra charges to ship to APO/FPO (even when their
normal shipping is via USPS!!). There was one seller I saw the other day
with a SMALL ITEM (think it was a friggin' piece of software) that wanted to
charge an EXTRA $30 on top of his already ludicrous $15 shipping cost to
ship to me.. and he shipped only via USPS Priority mail. I steer clear of
those sorts of crooks.

Old November 19th 05, 07:41 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill

Brenda Ann wrote:

normal shipping is via USPS!!). There was one seller I saw the other day
with a SMALL ITEM (think it was a friggin' piece of software) that wanted to
charge an EXTRA $30 on top of his already ludicrous $15 shipping cost to
ship to me.. and he shipped only via USPS Priority mail. I steer clear of
those sorts of crooks.

Know 'em well. Of course that extra $30 is justified for the "extra
paperwork" :-)
A pox on these sellers that think US postal rates end at "Conus 48" I
think most of these "Conus 48" guys are just clueless and parrot what
they hear others saying.

-Bill
Old November 19th 05, 01:59 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
RadioGary

How cool. Now they can charge more for ruining more antique radios.
FedEx for me.

Old November 19th 05, 04:12 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
mike murphy

anyone ever expect to get a notice of rates going down?
Old November 19th 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
xrongor

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
mike murphy wrote:
anyone ever expect to get a notice of rates going down?

The rates can't go down, because the economy keeps inflating.
The inflation rate may be slow, 1% to 5% per year, but it is
inflating none the less.

Everyone wants their salaries to keep rising, so ...

yeah thats the ticket. salaries are skyrocketing so fast its causing
inflation.....

voted for bush too, did ya?

randy

Old November 19th 05, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Chuck Harris wrote:

The rates can't go down, because the economy keeps inflating.
The inflation rate may be slow, 1% to 5% per year, but it is
inflating none the less.

Everyone wants their salaries to keep rising, so ...

-Chuck

The economy keeps inflating cuz we have a president who spends money
like a drunken sailor on a saturday night. The national deficit is
trillions cause he doesnt know how or want to balance a budget. Course
we got a War going that is costing us billions and dont forget our
prez's oil buddies who got a nice tax cut while making billions in
profits. Not surprising UPS has to raise rates when diesel is $3 a
gallon or more....

I havent even mentioned about ham gear going up cause the yen is strong
against our deficited dollar- and its going to get much worse.

Lazy Senior

Len's Apology, Was VEC rates to increase Lenof21 Policy 1 January 11th 05 07:01 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
FS: Motorola 6 Slot Rapid Rate Charger for GP300/P110/P1225 Doc Swap 0 August 11th 03 06:20 AM
Latest News - Morse Code Test May Not "Die" at ITU Conference. Ryan, KC8PMX Policy 90 July 11th 03 03:49 AM