Old May 7th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Telamon

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other.

In article 2006050617232064440%Down@gagnet,

On 2006-05-04 20:15:41 -0400, Silent Key said:

What's the purpose of ham radio, To have fun talking about rigs and
weather, or to be able to communicate? To be able to communicate
when no one else can communicate and to advance radio knowledge &
theory? What does part 97 say about this? Why does the ARRL
ignore it?

When CW is lost, new hams will be just like CB'ers and SWL's, or
some other lower life form of radio hobbiest. You name it. SC

Nonsense.

It is nonsense in rec.radio.shortwave. Please drop this news group from
the thread.

Another thread about CW is pointless. You guys have posted the same
comments hundreds of times on this subject.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 7th 06, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Guy

Default Elimination of CW is the only way we can make it fair

"Telamon" wrote in message

Another thread about CW is pointless. You guys have posted the same
comments hundreds of times on this subject.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Amen!

I used to be a staunch defender of CW. We lost the 20, we lost the 13, we
are going to lose the 5.

In today's age of materialism, self created rights and the liberal ideals of
fairness, I'm just waiting for the removal of all testing requirments.

Just show up, mark A, B, C or D on 10 questions (no grading, just turn it
in) and then get a certificate of attendance, a blue ribbon that says 1st
place and a 1x2 vanity call sign.

Guy

Old May 7th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bill Turner

Old May 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dan Richardson

On Sun, 07 May 2006 06:20:02 -0700, Bill Turner
wrote:

Complete nonsense. CW testing is being phased out because CW is
becoming obsolete, period. Don't try to read anything more into it
than that.

With all the great new digital modes available - most of which are far
superior to CW - forcing people to waste valuable hours learning an
obsolete mode is sheer folly. There are so many great things to do
with Amateur Radio. Do them!

Quite correct Bill. Commercial and military have dropped Morse code
for the very reasons you stated.

In this day and age, requiring proficiency in Morse code for a radio
license would be as requiring proficiency in horse husbandry in order
to get a driver's license.

Danny, K6MHE

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one
useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three
or more is a congress. - John Adams

email: k6mheatarrldotnet
http://www.k6mhe.com/
Old May 12th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dan/W4NTI

news
wrote:

[...]

I'll keep that in mind while I'm enjoying a CW contest at 40 plus a minute.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 13th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bill Turner