Old January 12th 04, 11:22 PM
ELLIS

Default Australian version of "Taylor Space Miser 80m loop" (James Taylor W2OZH)

Folks,

Have you heard about the "Taylor Space Miser 80m Loop"? It is a simple,
elegant, and space-miserly 80m antenna that should be looked at by any
Amateur Radio operator with a space or antenna visibility problem.

It is named after James Taylor W2OZH, and was published by him in ~1970.

It was re-published in Australian Electronics Monthly magazine in 1987 by
Roger Harrison, a well-known Australian experimenter.

The Taylor Space Miser 80m Loop has had a revival in Canberra in the last
few months due to Tony Bennett VK1TB who has built the design and
experimented to get the design inside the pitched roof space of his
town-house.

I have published the details of the 1987 article, including images of the
article and Tony Bennet's redesign criteria, on my web site.
See http://www.pcug.org.au/~prellis/vk1kep.html

Best wishes,
Peter
VK1KEP

Old January 12th 04, 11:46 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
ELLIS wrote:

I have published the details of the 1987 article, including images of the
article and Tony Bennet's redesign criteria, on my web site.
See http://www.pcug.org.au/~prellis/vk1kep.html

That URL brings up an "Oops! We can't find that document" error page,
with a sketch obviously intended to portray an amateur whose attempt
to complete his QRP DXCC was just stepped upon by a Legal Limit ragchew.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old January 13th 04, 02:19 AM
Bob Schreibmaier

In article , says...

In article ,
ELLIS wrote:

I have published the details of the 1987 article, including images of the
article and Tony Bennet's redesign criteria, on my web site.
See
http://www.pcug.org.au/~prellis/vk1kep.html

That URL brings up an "Oops! We can't find that document" error page,
with a sketch obviously intended to portray an amateur whose attempt
to complete his QRP DXCC was just stepped upon by a Legal Limit ragchew.

Try this one. Seems to work for me:

http://www.pcug.org.au/~prellis/amat...miser-80m.html

| Bob Schreibmaier K3PH | E-mail: |
| Kresgeville, PA 18333 |