Old May 22nd 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
spears

Default highest gain hf antenna in the world

I was wondering what is the highest gain hf antenna thats operational
anywhere in the world? Secondly what is the gain.

Peter
Old May 22nd 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

spears wrote:
I was wondering what is the highest gain hf antenna thats operational
anywhere in the world? Secondly what is the gain.

Available from my web page below, this antenna models
out to have 24 dBi omnidirectional gain. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/SUPRGAIN.EZ
Old May 22nd 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

"spears" wrote in message
I was wondering what is the highest gain hf antenna thats operational
anywhere in the world? Secondly what is the gain.

Peter

It is most likely the huge dish in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
Close by would be the HARP system in Alaska.
Then the curtain arrays used by broadcast stations.
Then the Rhombics, then the rest.

--
Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU, VE3BMV

Old May 22nd 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
You

In article ,
"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote:

It is most likely the huge dish in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.

Arecibo ISN"T an "HF" antenna.........
Old May 22nd 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote:

It is most likely the huge dish in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.

Arecibo ISN"T an "HF" antenna.........

Just for the heck of it , I did a little internet check on Arecibo and found
the following info;
""Full operation of the facility ideally requires three frequency bands,
near 3.175, 5.1, and 8.175 mhz."

Harold
KD5SAK

Old May 22nd 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote:

It is most likely the huge dish in Arecibo, Puerto Rico.

Arecibo ISN"T an "HF" antenna.........

IT IS!
It has been used by hams as low as 3.5 MHz band.

Yuri, K3BU

Old May 22nd 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Seems like Arecibo might have around 36dB gain at 28MHz where it is a
28 wavelength dish, at least according to scaling numbers I found on a
random webpage.

Not bad. Seems that a 3.5 wavelength dish (3.5MHz Arecibo) still has a
bit of gain too. 15dB?

I wish I had 15dBd gain on 3.5MHz... don't exactly want it straight up,
though.

73,
Dan
N3OX

Old May 22nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wes Stewart

On 22 May 2006 12:46:08 -0700, "
wrote:

Seems like Arecibo might have around 36dB gain at 28MHz where it is a
28 wavelength dish, at least according to scaling numbers I found on a
random webpage.

Not bad. Seems that a 3.5 wavelength dish (3.5MHz Arecibo) still has a
bit of gain too. 15dB?

I wish I had 15dBd gain on 3.5MHz... don't exactly want it straight up,
though.

Not to mention the blockage from the feed horn. [g]

Old May 23rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml

Just for the heck of it , I did a little internet check on Arecibo and found
the following info;
""Full operation of the facility ideally requires three frequency bands,
near 3.175, 5.1, and 8.175 mhz."

Harold
KD5SAK

i don't understand what this means? that they mix these freq's to get
their usual super high seti freq xxxghz or what ever