Old August 21st 05, 10:38 PM
Chris Singleton

Default WANTED: Vintage Tektronix Equipement

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had any old vacuum-tube based Tektronix equipment
(5xx series scopes, plug-in's, etc) that they wanted to get rid of. I am
located in the Vancouver, BC area and can come and pick-up anything in a 50
mile radius. Does not matter if the equipment is not working.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Chris

Please respond to
(remove -NOSPAM- to respond)

Old August 21st 05, 11:43 PM
Bret Ludwig

You wanting it for test equipment or for the terminal strips and other
parts?

Old August 22nd 05, 12:12 AM
Chris Singleton

Hi Bret,

I enjoy working on/fixing this old equipment as a hobby. I currently have a
small collection, but am always looking to expand it. Do you have any
equipment that you wish to get rid of?

Regards,

Chris
ups.com...

Old August 22nd 05, 02:36 AM
gb

"Chris Singleton" wrote in message
newsT7Oe.233534$on1.9401@clgrps13...
Hi Bret,

I enjoy working on/fixing this old equipment as a hobby. I currently have
a small collection, but am always looking to expand it. Do you have any
equipment that you wish to get rid of?

Regards,

Chris

Chris -

You have one of the larger test equipment restorers and reseller in B.
Columbia ... what do they throw out?

gb

Old August 22nd 05, 07:44 AM
Gregg

Behold, gb scribed on tube chassis:

"Chris Singleton" wrote in message
newsT7Oe.233534$on1.9401@clgrps13...
Hi Bret,

I enjoy working on/fixing this old equipment as a hobby. I currently
have a small collection, but am always looking to expand it. Do you
have any equipment that you wish to get rid of?

Regards,

Chris

Chris -

You have one of the larger test equipment restorers and reseller in B.
Columbia ... what do they throw out?

gb

We do?

Who? Where?

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

Old August 22nd 05, 11:27 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Gregg wrote:

We do?

Who? Where?

http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 22nd 05, 03:37 PM
radionutz

Chris;
You don't say if you want to buy them or if you are looking for a "gimme".
I have a model 555 scope with plug-ins, power supply and orginal cart that I
don't use and never will but I don't want to just give it away. I don't
know if it works or not but it is complete including the million or so tubes
in it. You can take a look at it on my web site at:

www.home.earthlink.net/~dmign/index.htm

there is a menu bar on the left side of the page. Click on the TEST EQUIP
link and it is near the bottom of the page. Also I am in the South-eastern
part of Ohio, USA so a little more than 50 miles from you.
E-mail me at: dmign at earthlink dot net if you want any more
information.

DON

Old August 22nd 05, 06:45 PM

I am located in the Vancouver, BC area

You should certainly visit the SERF sales at UBC. Lots of stuff moves
through there, some of it of the vintage you're interested in.

You'll almost certainly find some stuff you didn't know that you
needed, but you suddenly do need, as well as a bigger vehicle to haul
it all in!

Tim.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:59 PM
Bret Ludwig

I had a couple of doghouse blue Tek scopes I gave away to a guy, who
wound up parting them out and building some very crude tube audio stuff
he charged a lot of money for to gullible idiots in St. Louis. That
town appears to be a haven for audio con men.

The old Tek scopes are either too much work to keep going, or have
mostly been used so heavily they are no longer usable. There are no
more parts for DESIRABLE Tek scopes! Tek has not made an actual
oscilloscope in nearly ten years and the last ones (the TAS series)
were crude and nearly unusable.

Large quantities of certain parts do exist-because either those are
the parts that don't go bad or they are for stuff you don't want
anyway.

WANTED: vintage Tekni-Cals water transfer decals K5DH Equipment 1 February 19th 05 04:42 AM
Wanted: Old Tektronix Equipment Chris Singleton Boatanchors 1 June 16th 04 06:43 AM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Swap 0 November 11th 03 05:48 AM
Vintage CB photo gallery, callsign database and vintage CB recordings now on-line Night Ranger CB 1 October 31st 03 02:49 PM
Wanted: Tektronix Oscilloscopes Fred Allen Swap 0 September 19th 03 07:49 PM