Old January 29th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default crank-down 60' tower

The guy says it's like new for $500. Don't know what brand it is but it
does come with a rotor plate and a hinge base. (i haul it home)

What defects should I look for besides the obvious?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old January 29th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Steve:

Look for the cable being rusty, I have seen them rusted thru almost.
Look at the pulley's see if they are cracked, bent, or frozen.

Extend the tower out laying on its side is ok look for bent tower pieces.

Look for crackes in the bottom piece at the top, this is where the most
stress is.

Jay in the Mojave

Old January 29th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jan 28, 9:36*pm, Steve wrote:
The guy says it's like new for $500. Don't know what brand it is but it
does come with a rotor plate and a hinge base. (i haul it home)

What defects should I look for besides the obvious?

--
* * * * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/

first, look in the mirror and inspect your defective self, stalkerboi
Old January 29th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Jay

The bent part is my biggest concern. The unit is close to home and so I
will go and look at it this week. We will see if his 'like new' is the same
as mine.

Old January 29th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

A good welder can straighten it, at several hundred dollars.

Don't buy a light weight TV Antenna type tower, that was made to get a
TV antenna up to say 60 feet.

We put a Crusader 10K 5 element yagi beam up on one of those cheap ****
light weight towers. The hole tower twisted in light to med winds, NOT
GOOD. So we had to take it all down, what a ****er!!!!!!

So a newer heavy duty tower had to be bought and installed. If we left
the C-10K Beam Antenna up there with the rotor, and VHF and other
antennas, it would have all come crashing down maybe even hurting someone.

Its always cheaper and easier to do it right the expensive way the first
time around.

Take pictures and send them to me

Jay in the Mojave

Old January 30th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay is using code words...he really wants pix of mopey, fido, and the
ole lady

Steve wrote:
The guy says it's like new for $500. Don't know what brand it is but it
does come with a rotor plate and a hinge base. (i haul it home)

What defects should I look for besides the obvious?- Hide quoted text -

Old February 1st 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
A good welder can straighten it, at several hundred dollars.

Hello Jay

I got it home and it's in nice shape, it has a hinge base too. Good to go
no welding needed. Easy accessibility will be a nice feature to have now
with the beams, or whatever.

Catch you in the air man, have a good weekend.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

WTB Crank up tower Jack Equipment 0 December 15th 04 08:56 PM
WTB Crank up tower Jack Equipment 0 December 15th 04 08:56 PM
WTB Crank up tower Jack Equipment 0 December 15th 04 08:56 PM
FS:TX-455 CRANK UP US Tower NA1A Swap 0 September 22nd 04 10:14 PM
FS: MA-40 crank-up tower and antenna rft Swap 0 June 28th 04 09:16 PM