Old November 12th 15, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.info

Default Amateur Radio Parity Act - Senate Bill S-1685

This morning I received an email from ARRL President Kay Craigie, N3KN,
requesting an urgent response from ARRL members whose Senators are
about to decide the fate of S-1685. Excerpts from Kay's message
follow:

"We have good reason to think that S. 1685 may be scheduled for
mark-up in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and
Transportation as early as next week. Mark-up is an extremely
important step in the bill's progress through the Senate. TKG is
taking action on the Hill to support Senator Wicker's efforts on
behalf of the bill. Every committee member's office has been
contacted and has been sent the link to our video debunking
opponents' misrepresentations. TKG will meet with the committee
staff this week. Any letters to members of the committee that
are now at TKG will be delivered in advance of the mark-up."

"We learned this morning that CAI has asked their members to contact
Senators on the committee to communicate what can only be called
bald-faced lies about the legislation. They are the same lies
addressed in our video. However, we will not rest on what has
already been done."

"We need a blast of support for the bill to these Senators (committee
members) now. Please contact your Senator(s) today by telephone or
e-mail with the following simple message:

"I'm a constituent and an amateur radio operator. I am calling to
urge Senator [BLANK] to support S. 1685, the Amateur Radio Parity
Act, when it comes up for a vote in committee on November 18th.
Thank you."

Here is the list of Senators on the committee whom you should contact
immediately asking their support of S.1685:

KANSAS (7,280 Licensed Hams)
Sen. Jerry Moran
Phone: (202) 224-6521

MISSOURI (14,800 Licensed Hams)
Sen. Roy Blunt
Phone: (202) 224-5721

Sen. Claire McCaskill
Phone: (202) 224-6154

NEBRASKA (3,791 Licensed Hams)
Sen. Deb Fischer
Phone: (202) 224-6551

The committee's web page at
http://www.commerce.senate.gov/publi...mmitteemembers
has a link to each committee member's own web site. There you
will see a link that may be titled "Contact" or "Connect" which leads
to local office phone numbers and an e-mail template.

Thanks and 73's,

ARRL Midwest Division
Director: Roderick K Blocksome, K0DAS

Old March 8th 16, 11:20 PM
Senior Member

As a former member of The ARRL,
It is - in my opinion, a total waste of money to even think of trying to defend a bunch of morons that moved into a place that does not allow any sort of antenna and try to force down their throats - to give permission to any idiot that can pass a 35 question multiple guess test, the right to erect antenna structures on their property!

If where you live does not permit antennas, then move, or don't move into the place in the first place!

A real ham wouldn't move into a place that does not allow antennas.

Most people that calls themselves hams, doesn't really have any ham radio equipment to begin with.

Most of the older hams with equipment are more like the wizard from The Wizard Of Oz,. Loudmouth stupid *******s with their amplifiers and their big name radios that spatters all over the place. The amplifier - is hard wired to the light switch in the room they call a ham shack.
They believe that unless they run a couple of thousand watts, no one will hear them!

We don't need any more morons, we already have enough of those.
What we do need is some knowledgeable people that can act like Elmers and a ruling that says that you cannot transmit - even with a license, unless you first find an approved Elmer, and The Elmer teaches you how to operate properly.

This would exclude more than 50% of the people already on the air.
Just listen 5 minutes before a net and all during a net to all the tuner uppers on frequency! Those people should have their licenses revoked and their asses spanked and should never be allowed to operate again on amateur radio.

It's not bad enough that they do it, but it is even worse when they do it and then never identify! Not a one of them asks - is the frequency in use, before they tune up, and not a one of them reduces their transmit power when they tune up, and not a one of them identifies after they tune up!

Why the **** would I want to support this type of behavior?

I have my own station, 100 watts, and a resonant dipole..
It irks me to have these very same people on the same bands as I am on.
How could I ever endorse them as being " Real Hams ".

Why would I want the ARRL to waste valuable resources, on campaigning the United States Government, when these very same people they are representing are no where to be found when there is a SET, Field Days, or any other emergency exercise.

**** Em! send them back to the CB radio!
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...