Old November 22nd 03, 05:48 AM
john private smith

Default BOLO STOLEN XTL5000 mobiles here are serials and models

i was looking over the batlabs site, for info on the popularity of the
new xtl500 radio, and noticed in the archives a massive list of stolen
units! this is so big the world needs to know about it, so i am
posting it to the newsgroups for a lifetime of worldwide viewing
incase any of them ever show up for sale here.

i hope this scum gets caught!!!!!

Motorola has put out a BOL for these STOLEN RADIOS, taken from Wake
County, NC. There are 55 in total. If you come across them, please
contact
Wake County Police (919) 856-6900, or Motorola directly, at

Stolen Radio Inventory as of 10/06/03
Serial Number Radio Type Description
1 500CDL0053 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
2 500CDL0054 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
3 500CDL0055 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
4 500CDL0056 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
5 500CDL0060 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
6 500CDL0061 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
7 500CDL0062 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
8 500CDL0063 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
9 500CDL0064 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
10 500CDL0065 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
11 500CDL0070 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
12 500CDL0071 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
13 500CDL0072 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
14 500CDL0073 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
15 500CDL0080 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
16 500CDL0081 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
17 500CDL0090 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
18 500CDL0091 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
19 500CDL0092 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
20 500CDL0093 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
21 500CDL0094 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
22 500CDL0095 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
23 500CDL0096 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
24 500CDL0097 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
25 500CDL0100 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
26 500CDL0101 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
27 500CDL0102 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
28 500CDL0103 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
29 500CDL0104 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
30 500CDL0105 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
31 500CDL0110 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
32 500CDL0111 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
33 500CDL0112 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
34 500CDL0113 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
35 500CDL0114 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
36 500CDL0140 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
37 500CDL0141 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
38 500CDL0142 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Mobile Dash Mount
39 500CDL1935 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
40 500CDL1936 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
41 500CDL1941 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
42 500CDL1942 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
43 500CDL1959 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
44 500CDL1960 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
45 500CDL1965 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
46 500CDL1966 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
47 500CDL1967 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
48 500CDL1971 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
49 500CDL1972 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
50 500CDL2007 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
51 500CDL2008 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
52 500CDL2013 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
53 500CDL2014 XTL 5000 Mobiles W9 Dual Head
54 500CDL2120 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Remote With Status
55 500CDL2121 XTL 5000 Mobiles W5 Remote With Status

batdude
Joined: 04 Oct 2001

70351
Joined: 30 May 2003
Location: Florida

/\/\y 2 cents
Joined: 11 Nov 2001

KG6EAQ
Joined: 14 Jan 2002
Location: Chatsworth, CA 91311
lifted? It's amazing how many UPS/FedEx drivers will leave the truck
open and someone could drive by and throw the large boxes by the door
in his van. Or what about maybe a big rig trailer was broken in to and
these just happened to the closest pallet? Now if they stole them out
of the vehicles.... ROFL!
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ

_____________
Blitzbug2u
Joined: 17 Sep 2001
Sounds like an inside job--bet it gets HOT for anyone in the contact
chain--hope they get 'em---another loss that taxpayers will pay for
one way or another.Blitz

______________
dawson75
Joined: 14 Mar 2003
HERES MY ? HOW DID SOMEONE STEAL THAT MANY RADIOS?????

_____________
r0f
1 Warning for RSS Wanted/For Sale Post
Joined: 21 Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Good question. But they sure as hell won't be selling them anytime
soon. They're so heatscore it's not even funny. How many XTL5000's do
you see out there?

Sucks to be the jerk-off who ripped off Wake County! Let's see.. Each
radio is worth approx ~$7000.. x 55 = $385,000. Someone will be
bubba's bitch soon!

____________
10-95
Joined: 12 Oct 2001
Location: Obtuseville
Well, here is some interesting info! It appears that none of these
serial numbers have been entered into the NCIC database.

Frank

Phil1820
Joined: 25 Sep 2003
Location: Tyler, Texas
This may get lost down in the weeds of this thread, but....

We operate the Global Stolen Radio Database which is a place to report
radios that are stolen or check to see if a serial number radio that
you have has been reported stolen. It's simple to use....

http://www.genesisworld.com/StolenRadios/default.htm

Hope this helps.....
Phil
_________________
==============
Phil Burks
The Genesis Group
Motorola Trunking Solutions
==============
Old December 15th 03, 02:54 AM
john private smith

Monty
Administrator

Joined: 05 Sep 2001

Stolen Astro-Radios

MONTY WROTE HI:

First, I would like to stress a person is deemed
INNOCENT until proven guilty.

Members who saw my earlier post, Ok, however
since I have now received more factual information
directly from the individules involved, I feel its in the
best interest of the forum to make changes.

Let me assure you, you do NOT want to get involved,
and the matter is being carfuly investigated.

I have made contact with the Detective [ Dec 13th ]
who Arrested a individule for the allegation of
50 stolen Astro-Sabers from the County of San
Digeo's Fire Department !

I live in the middle of San Diego, and have a large
number of friends who are in Law Enforcement. None
of the persons I know like to have their names, Email
Accounts , or phone numbers published unless you
have their approval !

If anyone that has any information about these
radios you are ask to contact the San Diego County
Sheriffs Department.

I will try and get a List of Serial Numbers.

The Detective has requested that if you have any
information, or have purchased any suspicious Astro
Radios is that you contact the San Diego
County Sheriffs Department, leave any
inforamtrion, your name, address, phone number
and they will get back with you.

This in effect will reduce the number of " Non-Sense "
inquires about who, what , where, when, and if.

Unless you have approval of a Law Enforcement Official,
PLEASE do not give out their number. Most are not aware
of this Forum, nor do they have time to deal with persons
who post the names, Email accounts, and phone numbers.

The detectives have a hard enough time without
having to respond to everyone person who should
decide to call and want information ! and having to
give a explanation.

If you want, contact one of the Batforum Moderators
or Administrators, and let them decide if the facts
warrant the posting of someone elses personal
information.

As a courtesy, I am giving everyone the FACTS
as I know them.

Again, a person has been Arrested, Charged, and
released on Bail, The Case is pending.

With respects to the " Mike " issue, he is not at
the focus of any investigation, has NOT BEEN arrested.

Again, IS NOT at the Focus of " ANY INVESTIGATION "
and this could be nothing more than form character
assassination at this time.

After speaking with the Arresting Officer, and with his
wishes, have Moderated his name, and the other person
until [b]such time Facts ( Not Mythical ) events show up.
Monty
_________________
Unique Technical Issue? Radios, Ribs, Cables ? Free Support Info !
mail to:
PLease avoid PM's whenever possible. Box gets too full.

Last edited by Monty on 14 Dec 2003 17:27, edited 3 times in total

KG6EAQ
Joined: 15 Jan 2002
Location: Chatsworth, CA 91311

Yeah... I saw that a Brian McNeal had been arrested by the SDSD for
burglery (PC459 IIRC).
_________________
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ

central150
Joined: 26 Oct 2001
Location: Viva Massachusetts!!!

-Tony
_________________
Firefighter - Town of East Longmeadow, MA
Emergency Dispatcher - City of Wilbraham, MA

BatTeam New England
Batboard North East Enforcement Division

alex
Administrator
Joined: 04 Sep 2001
Location: Upstate NY
central150 wrote:
Astro Brian?

Already been banned.
-Alex
Old January 6th 04, 06:01 AM
john private smith

TOPIC: XTL or not to XTL

Batwing Laboratories Forum Index - System Infrastructure and Related
Equipment
Author Message
______________________________
Pj
Moderator
Joined: 09 Sep 2001
Location: We saw lots of snow this year on the first try
Coming down to crunch time, I am sorta split between ordering the next
five radio's. Right now we have 6 Astro Spectra's that are only 6
months old. VHF IMBE with DVP-XL. That's about it. Our final order
would be 5 more (maybe a couple on top of that) mobiles as we go
digital in the next few months.

Seeing that the Astro Spectra line is about 10 years old now, and the
XTL5000's are a new product, I want to go to the XTL's. The pricing is
suppose to be the same. 99% of radio repair/install is done by the
local MSS, however I have become more involved into day to day ops of
this. I like the idea of having one radio for all, but at the same
time, I wouldn't mind having the newer equipement that will be
supported longer than the AS. I really don't want to have to carry two
sets of cables, two CPS's, etc etc.

I think I am going to have the ASpectra's ordered, but what have you
guys done in this situation?
_________________
NTFD
WLPD
KG6EAQ
Joined: 14 Jan 2002
Location: Chatsworth, CA 91311
upgrade radios often. Get them now while you can. What's another CPS
on the laptop? Is the programming cable really going to be that
cumbersome? Might as well get the newer stuff, and then in a few years
you have the money again you upgrade the other five and your fleet is
the same again.
_________________
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
motisking
Joined: 10 May 2002
Location: Los Angeles California

The XTL will not ba available in VHF till December 2004.

motisking wrote:
The XTL will not ba available in VHF till December
2004.

LOL! Well that solves THAT problem!
_________________
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ

ASTROMODAT
Joined: 05 Nov 2002

mobile has been available in VHF for several months now (136 - 174
MHZ). It has all the same options as does the UHF and 800 MHz
XTL5000s, and it is available in both Conventional and Trunked on VHF.

PJ, given the $4,000-$5,000 price of a new radio, that's well over
$20,000 for 5 radios, so why swet the $95 for the programming cable? I
wouldn't let that color your decision in any way. Taking the long
view, the ASTRO Spectra (and even the ASTRO Spectra Plus) will not be
around much longer, while the XTL series is new. Consider long term
Motorola parts and repair support . The XTL price is virtually the
same as the older radios.

Larry
batdude
Joined: 04 Oct 2001

i have not seen the catalog sheet yet - but is DVP-XL offered AT ALL
on the XTL line since it was disco'd a while back???
doug
ASTROMODAT
Joined: 05 Nov 2002

G159 UCM hardware @ $150, plus W797 DVP-XL algorythm @ $487, for a