Old January 22nd 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grunding mini 100 PE adjusting tuning...

The tuning on my mini 100 PE is way off... I got one as a throw-around
radio...

The tuning is off enough, that I miss a much needed frequency. While I
don't expect to get the tuning anywhere near 100% correct, is there a
way that I can take a apart the radio and try to adjust the tuning at
least somewhat?

Old January 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Based upon the website in the below URL, I have been able to adjust the
radio's tuning:
http://experts.about.com/q/Ham-Radio...-World-100.htm

On the other hand, when closing the radio, I snapped off the red
battery wire and the antenna wire! Is there a picture or schematic of
the back of the inside of the radio available, so that I can figure out
where to solder the battery wire? I'm pretty sure I know where the
antenna goes... (Next time, I need to be more patient!)

I also lost the two screws under the battery compartment... :-(

Old January 27th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

wrote:
The tuning on my mini 100 PE is way off... I got one as a throw-around
radio...

The tuning is off enough, that I miss a much needed frequency. While I
don't expect to get the tuning anywhere near 100% correct, is there a
way that I can take a apart the radio and try to adjust the tuning at
least somewhat?

Are you sure your soldering iron is big enough?

Look for a rail connected to the + end of an electroytic cap.