Old May 26th 04, 10:15 PM
Diverd4777

Default Any Info ? Sharper Image World AM/FM Shortwave Radio

Saw an ad for this radio; no specs ( OF Course..)
- Anyone got one / Seen one / Have any comments ?

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...tml?sku=SN400&
pid=58811400

Thanks

Dan

Old May 26th 04, 10:25 PM
Michael

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
Saw an ad for this radio; no specs ( OF Course..)
- Anyone got one / Seen one / Have any comments ?

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...tml?sku=SN400&
pid=58811400

Thanks

Dan

Reminds me a bit of this...

And....Probably dosent work as a receiver any better then this....

Michael

Old May 27th 04, 04:43 AM
GO BEARCATS

Gotta be junk IMO, if Sharper Image is selling radios now. Radios are out of
their league.

Again, just my opinion.

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~

Old May 27th 04, 05:29 AM
jaycee

This radio is the Kchibo KK-C300 http://www.kchibo.com

http://www.globalsources.com

for a review of this radio go to:

http://www.geocities.com/zliangas/C300vDE1102.pdf

You can buy it on Ebay...look for "kchibo" seller is Liypn

Old May 28th 04, 06:39 PM
Sanjaya

Diverd4777 wrote:

KC;
- think it MIGHT be a flavor of THIS..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5701194 5
27&rd=1

" Size 4 1/2" wide by 2 5/8' tall by 7/8" thick "

30 memories, - Similar to the Kaito KA-105 but fancier looking...

- May spring for one !
Dan

Hi Dan.
I've been following your interest in a small portable.
I've got a KA-105 which is the ultimate *shirt pocket*
radio... though does not have full SW coverage, as you know.
But since purchasing the 105 I've also gotten a
Tecsun PL-200, and I have to say it is my favorite small
portable now. It does have full SW coverage. I carry it everywhere.
Though not as small as the 105 it fits in an oversized pocket... i.e. a coat pocket. It has a 3
setting antenna gain switch and an actual knob for fine tuning.
Good sound from the speaker for its size, with a "low/high" tone
switch. 200 memory presets, good AM and FM reception, with stereo through
headphones on FM (I wasn't impressed with the separation, but I
don't use it for FM stereo). Liypn sells the 200 on eBay and
includes a step down transformer to convert to US mains.
The PL-200 comes with 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries that
recharge in the radio and give excellent battery life.
It operates similarly to the Grundig YB-550PE,
so you can use the .pdf manual of the 550 to learn how to use it.
Liypn may be including a quick start guide now as well, and he
e-mails the YB-550 manual to buyers also. To check out
a picture of my PL-200 for size reference you can see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EB12C68 You can also click
that picture to see the original full size photo I posted.

Old May 28th 04, 06:44 PM
Sanjaya

Sanjaya wrote:
To check out
a picture of my PL-200 for size reference you can see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EB12C68

Well crap, how come I didn't think of the fact that you
have to be a member of the PL-200 Yahoo Group to
see the picture???

Sorry : (

Old May 28th 04, 08:50 PM
Diverd4777

In article k.net, "Sanjaya"
writes:

Sanjaya wrote:
To check out
a picture of my PL-200 for size reference you can see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EB12C68

Well crap, how come I didn't think of the fact that you
have to be a member of the PL-200 Yahoo Group to
see the picture???

Sorry : (

- Easily fixed; I'll just JOIN THE GROUP ! ! !
- Aha !
All better, :-)
Have a good weekend !

Old May 28th 04, 08:59 PM
Sanjaya

Diverd4777 wrote:
In article k.net,
"Sanjaya" writes:

Sanjaya wrote:
To check out
a picture of my PL-200 for size reference you can see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EB12C68

Well crap, how come I didn't think of the fact that you
have to be a member of the PL-200 Yahoo Group to
see the picture???

Sorry : (

- Easily fixed; I'll just JOIN THE GROUP ! ! !
- Aha !
All better, :-)
Have a good weekend !

Thanks. You too! : )

Old May 29th 04, 10:22 AM
GO BEARCATS

I've got a KA-105 which is the ultimate *shirt pocket*
radio...

Better than the DX-399? That's a shirt pocket, that is the hottest little
receiver I've owned in smallness of size compared to what it can do and in how
good it can do it, the only thing it lacks is ssb or it'd be the phenom of
small radios.

Of course, they're discontinued now. You don't see as many of those on epay as
you do all these other 'little' radios, the reason why IMO, is because they
don't want to give it up once they own it.

I wouldn't sell mine, maybe $500.00 - then I'd go and take my Moms back from
her that I bought her. ;-)

Does the KA that you speak of have sideband? If not, it'd be hard for me to
believe it was more both selective and sensitive than the 399.

Just my take.:-)

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/*SUPER-DELUXE DRIVEN*394/*Modded*398/399/402