Old March 19th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
KB2SMS

Default Is CB dead?

"gb" wrote in message
"- exray -" wrote in message

Oh my, I never realized that was the problem.

-Bill

Congressional record is open for all citizens to read.

gb

So is your picture, you look like a cow.

Old March 20th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb

"KB2SMS" wrote in message

So is your picture, you look like a cow.

== WHOIS ==
zapto.org:
Nevada - Las Vegas - Vitalwerks Internet Solutions Llc
==TRACE===

Another person stealing / "bootlegging" a licensed callsign.

So what is your excuse?

Old March 20th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb

"KB2SMS" wrote in message

"gb" wrote in message
"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
I have not had an 11 meter antenna up in the air since around 1972 or so.
I have a clear memory of all the heterodynes and yacking on every channel
that used to go on. I plugged one in again around 1985 or so, because a
buddy of mine had one in his boat, and used it keep it on channel 5. Not
much difference.
Anyway, last weekend...for yucks, I hooked one up to a longwire. I did
not hear a single person on any channel! Perhaps it is the cross
polarized wire antenna.
So, I shot a wire over a branch, and hoisted a CB vertical antenna
..Astron or Antron...something like that...a pretty good fiberglass
antenna!
Still, other than a general high noise level...no signals!
Channel 19 used to be jammed...even with a handheld whip antenna!

Is CB no longer??

The Citizens Band (CB) is one of several Personal Radio Services,
regulated by the FCC.

No **** Columbo. You are an asshat.

Yes, and you are not KB2SMS.

Old March 20th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
KB2SMS

"gb" wrote in message
. ..
"KB2SMS" wrote in message

So is your picture, you look like a cow.

== WHOIS ==
zapto.org:
Nevada - Las Vegas - Vitalwerks Internet Solutions Llc
==TRACE===

That's where the news server traces to asshat. Can you be any more stupid,
you parade float looking slob?

Old March 20th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
KB2SMS

"gb" wrote in message
"KB2SMS" wrote in message

"gb" wrote in message
[...]

Glad to see we agree on something, parade float.

Old March 20th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb

Default ID theft

The Citizens Band (CB) is one of several Personal Radio Services,
regulated by the FCC.

No **** Columbo. You are an asshat.

===
We are aware of the situation and monitoring.
I have notified the user that using another persons alias or email thru my
service is not recommended.
--
Henry Rouhivuori
Abuse at usenet.zapto.org
===
What other list would you like to be added to ?

Old March 21st 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb

"KB2SMS" wrote in message

Okay leland.
Can you actually write an opinion?
, or are you forever like that stolen ID you uses .. in SMS land.

Old March 21st 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
W9MAP

Default IM SO FAT - w9map the parade float.JPG (0/1)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:58:05 -0600, "gb"
wrote:

The Citizens Band (CB) is one of several Personal Radio Services,
regulated by the FCC.

No **** Columbo. You are an asshat.

===
We are aware of the situation and monitoring.
I have notified the user that using another persons alias or email thru my
service is not recommended.

I'm so fat my old man has to roll me in flower to find the wet spots.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old March 26th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Beech Creek

"gb" wrote in message
Technology, Politics and Public has moved on .......the original needs
(requirements) that attracted the general public to CB have largely been
met by BETTER solutions for the general public.

1.) Reagan / Bush [41] Administrations, 1980s.
Low tolerance for foul language and unreliability of the communications
that the CB service became in late 1970s - especially with conservative
family & religious groups.

What a ridiculous crock.

The general public was never attracted to CB. Initially it was

It is true, technology has moved on just as it always does and always will,
but the CB craze of the late 70's was dead long before the technological
advances you mention were developed and it had NOTHING to do with
Reagan/Bush political intolerance for pete's sake.

It was a fad, mainly among teenagers, and like all fads it's lifespan was
destined to be a short one.

Was it Reagan/Bush that killed the Afro hair style, bell-bottom jeans, soul
music, parachute pants, etc.?

The FCC abandoned the CB service to the wolves and that's what took it over
and that's what will take it over again as soon as the sunspot cycle
permits.

What passing 90's fads are you going to blame on the intolerance of the Bush
43 administration?

WB5CYS

Old August 29th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
L. L. is offline

"Diana Satyr" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Beech Creek" wrote:

"gb" wrote in message
[...]

"In part" - the truckers, movies ("Smokey and the bandit" and such) and
songs - made CB popular as well. There was a market push back then - many
models being pushed - along with antennas and so on. The CB craze died as
the man said - long before Cell Phones and so on - came to be. Actually -
the predecessor to Cell - was "Mobile" phone - which was quite expensive and
perhaps not so reliable or widely available then as cells are today..... BUT
still "they" didn't shoot down CB either.

Some day - maybe not for a few years - Cell phones may be a fad........
There ARE still many CBers out there - just not as many as at one time. The
Truckers do still use them quite heavily and at that - some use modified
radios into 10m. Then too, there are some truckers who've acquired their Ham
Licenses and now use it to talk when all else seems dead - traffic wise and
so on. I see many homes I "used" to know people who were users with antennas
still up - but gave up CB due to what it had become. It was no longer
something suitable for "family" use. Maybe now - with WWF and so on
sprouting shows saying all sorts of words even with the knowledge of
children in the crowds, CB would fit right in - since those once virgin
ears are no longer virgin..........

First it was pagers - now cell phones which have taken over our younger
generation AND some of ours. Radio - be it ham, cb, 2 way, has all but been
forgotten by them. Where WOULD they be with out their Cell Phones? I'd hate
to see the reaction if we ever had a "major" catastrophy which knocked out
all the cell sites. Most of these people will be without their drug.

Then again - it could be interesting as history does tend to repeat itself
to a degree. Who knows, we could see another surge in radio if the right
gimmick comes along - accompanied by the right "marketing" techniques.

L.

Dead bugs! Frank Homebrew 37 June 2nd 06 02:44 AM
Headline: Brain Dead Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl Roger General 0 August 4th 05 12:40 AM
Breaker 1-9 good buddy! I got a Dead Leprechaun on my tail! [email protected] CB 0 December 9th 04 01:09 AM
Wanted Dead or alive Communications receiver,s and radio equipment big boy now Shortwave 0 November 27th 04 05:33 PM