Old April 6th 04, 04:40 PM
Yardleyite

Default Chicago Transformer Mod Transformer CMS-1 Specs wanted

Hi All
Looking for information and hook up specs for a Chicago Transformer MOD trans
CMS-1

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Please email :
directly.
Mod-U-Later,
Joe Cro N3IBX

Old April 6th 04, 04:59 PM
Scott Dorsey

Yardleyite wrote:
Hi All
Looking for information and hook up specs for a Chicago Transformer MOD trans
CMS-1

What do you need that you can't find out?

With an ohmmeter you should be able to find out which wires make each
winding, and where the center taps are. It won't tell you which is
primary and which is secondary, though, but it puts you on the right
track.

Take a 6V filament transformer and connect it to one winding. Apply 6VAC.
Measure the voltage across that winding, then the voltage across the other
winding, and you now know the unloaded transformer ratio.

Now you'll know which is the primary and which is the secondary as well,
from the ratio. Apply a 1 KC square wave to the primary (which you can
get from the calibrator on a Tek scope), then look at the secondary on
a scope. Hang a variable resistor off the secondary and crank it down
until the output looks as square as possible. Now measure the resistance
of the pot and you'll know the optimal load impedance of the transformer.

What else do you need?
--scott

Old April 6th 04, 05:08 PM
Yardleyite

Scott,
Many thanks for the reply. I need the rating (how may watts) and
impeadances from it to see if it'll work as a replacement for the Globe King
400B I blew the modulation transformer in. Unfortunately someone installed a
substandard mod tranny and the secondaries shorted out. I need something to
handle the load impeadances from a pair of 5514's to V70D's with at least 218
watts.

Any information will be appreciated.
Old April 7th 04, 02:03 AM

How U been Joe? Here's the goods on your iron (beats posting BS,
no?):

Designed for typical mod toobs 203A's, 805's, 75TL's, 203Z's.

Pri Z 9,000/6,700 CT 350ma

Sec Z 8,000/6,000/4,000 350ma

Rated 250-350 watts (assume this is the Class B audio load), 26 lbs.

Do you have an old Triad catalogue, Joe? We need one worse than a
dead man needs a coffin.

I am still looking for a MIL power iron nbr that makes no sense (not a
civilian catalogue number).

One of these daze I'm still gonna try you on my flea rig. :-)

(Yardleyite) wrote in message ...
Hi All
Looking for information and hook up specs for a Chicago Transformer MOD trans
CMS-1

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Please email :

directly.
Mod-U-Later,
Joe Cro N3IBX

Homebrew Ventenna - Spec's Wanted Macman Antenna 0 February 22nd 04 10:37 PM
Chicago transformer Jimmy Boatanchors 4 February 22nd 04 08:03 PM
WANTED: Power Transformer for Radio Spinach Inquisition Boatanchors 6 October 12th 03 07:11 PM