Old September 11th 03, 03:01 PM
NEDROG

Default LQQKing for Construction Article

Somewhere back in either 1998 or 1999 os I believe 73 magazine, there was a
construction article of a FRACTAL 10m - 2 ele quad.

Yeah, I know that there has been a lot of discussions on this and other
newsgroups about FRACTAL Antennas, but I am not looking for that. I am looking
for the article.

If you have a copy of the article, and could scan it, I can deal with the
following formats: RTS, JPEG, PIF, PDF, etc.

If you have a copy of the article, but cannot scan it, I would be willing to
purchase that issue from you.

73's,

Howard W3CQH
Old September 15th 03, 01:09 AM
Richard Earl

OSPAM (NEDROG) wrote in message ...

Hi Howard,

Here is a more practical design of a directive high performance 10
meter full wave antenna--

http://www.gopherlink.com/DeltaXray/hfantenn.htm

73,

Rich

W9JUC (since 1954)

************************************************** ******************NN

Old September 15th 03, 01:49 AM
Richard Clark

On 14 Sep 2003 17:09:36 -0700, (Richard Earl) wrote:

(NEDROG) wrote in message ...

Hi Howard,

Here is a more practical design of a directive high performance 10
meter full wave antenna--

http://www.gopherlink.com/DeltaXray/hfantenn.htm

73,

Rich

Hi Rich,

The issue of practicality is perceptive in light of the query's focus.

W9JUC (since 1954)

************************************************* *******************NN

Somewhere back in either 1998 or 1999 os I believe 73 magazine, there was a
construction article of a FRACTAL 10m - 2 ele quad.

Yeah, I know that there has been a lot of discussions on this and other
newsgroups about FRACTAL Antennas, but I am not looking for that. I am looking
for the article.

Hi Howard,

Your source (the author) posted here this weekend, but he has no
interest in supplying such information. The last time it was
reviewed, that same author threatened the several of us with suits for
misappropriation (stealing) of his design. The reflector/director
design can be inferred by the drawings provided at:
http://www.qsl.net/kb7qhc/antenna/fr...sket/index.htm
and you simply use heavy gauge wire (#12) shaped to the pattern
observed there, but as a construction reference, it requires more
effort on your part - and as observed by Rich, is not particularly the
simplest project.

Good luck anyway. Write for details if you cannot rummage up the
article.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 16th 03, 04:02 AM
NEDROG

Thanks for the information.

I am still looking for the original article, and since it is not going to be
commercialized, maybe the author would like to send me a copy.

Howard W3CQH