Old March 13th 05, 12:45 AM
69FLH

Default Coaxial Cable Question

Getting ready to put up a Discone antenna (Sky Scan DX V1300) and am
looking for further suggestions and opinions regarding what cable to run. I
am not sure exactly how far it will be. To estimate it though, I would say
between 50 and 75 feet to where I plan on bring it into the house to the
scanner. (BC 796D). Any input will be appreciated...
TIA

Old March 15th 05, 01:53 PM
dxAce

kryppy wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:45:38 -0800, "69FLH"
wrote:

Getting ready to put up a Discone antenna (Sky Scan DX V1300) and am
looking for further suggestions and opinions regarding what cable to run. I
am not sure exactly how far it will be. To estimate it though, I would say
between 50 and 75 feet to where I plan on bring it into the house to the
scanner. (BC 796D). Any input will be appreciated...
TIA

RG-6

Nope... use a 50 ohm co-axial cable.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 16th 05, 09:57 AM
Mike Burch

Quad shielded RG-6. Easy, inexpensive and it will work superbly. Mike K8MB

CATV splitter question Jerry Antenna 11 November 15th 04 01:44 AM
CATV splitter question Jerry Antenna 3 November 5th 04 01:31 PM
Antenna cable question. jazu CB 4 October 15th 04 12:22 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 04:01 PM
Massachusetts. Cambridge. Community access television. Don Saklad Broadcasting 1 November 19th 03 02:08 AM