Old May 3rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

Default Varmint XL-1000

"Steveo" wrote in message
(snipped)
Prolly bring it up on my Buddy's variac if I ever get the urge to fire it
again. One of my friends has a standing offer to buy it and the Mark IV if
I ever decide to part with it. The amp has the same veneer that the
Browning Eagle has on it.

I hate to part with the nostalgia, and they will likely need serviced
before being put back in operation.

It would be a shame to have to part with those. There are rigs I now regret
selling over the years (decades). My tube Teaberry, Tram and Layfette. The
Layfette had 5 24 channel knobs, I had charts all over my wall so I knew
what frequency I was on, a real monster of a rig. LOL

Old May 3rd 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Tue, 02 May 2006 03:29:27 GMT, "U-Know-Who" wrote:

Anyone have one of these splatterboxes? I owned one and at one time Johnny
Carson and I were competing for the same TV channel.

Nasty little sweep boxes they were!

They still show up on ebay. Still get good money.

Vinnie S.

Yeah, but the tubes are outrageous. A couple of 4cx250B's or 572's are a
better buy. The EL519's aren't much better than the domestic tubes price
wise.

Old May 4th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Norm

Default ``The Real Ham``

ya i had a phantom new in 1977 man it was nice some **** head broke in and
stole it and the radio to also had a solid state 150 pep and it would wipe
out the whole band across the country...

Varmint XL 1000 N8WWM CB 7 December 12th 11 07:57 PM
MINT FT 1000 for sale $ 1720 Josh Swap 0 November 20th 05 09:57 AM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
Issues with old Royal 1000 Bill Shortwave 1 October 1st 03 12:32 AM
WTB:Motorola MT or HT 1000 LowBand Portbl Radio E N T 001 Swap 0 August 13th 03 07:12 AM