Old October 16th 03, 02:50 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

Default Opinions on Yaesu "ATAS" Mobile Antenna? (from experienced users, please)

I would appreciate experience-based opinions on the quality,
durability, effectiveness, and convenience of Yaesu's ATAS-100
and ATAS-120 auto-tune multiband antenna system.

I am about to make some decisions on a new mobile installation
and am looking at the Yaesu FT-857 ... which supports the ATAS
system.

There is also a third-party controller from W4RT which claims
to make any "screwdriver" type antenna compatible with the
ATAS functions in the Yaesu FT-847, 857, and 897 ...

The Yaesu antenna does not require an intermediate controller,
but I'm curious as to folks' experience with it ...

73,
Carl - wk3c

Old October 16th 03, 03:10 AM
Dave VanHorn

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message
I would appreciate experience-based opinions on the quality,
durability, effectiveness, and convenience of Yaesu's ATAS-100
and ATAS-120 auto-tune multiband antenna system.

I haven't used them, but I've examined an ATAS-100 directly. I was thinking
of buying it.
Looks pretty "inexpensive" relative to the other screwdrivers out there.
I didn't think it would hold up in use.
I have the 847.

So far, I haven't found my price/performance point.

There is also a third-party controller from W4RT which claims
to make any "screwdriver" type antenna compatible with the
ATAS functions in the Yaesu FT-847, 857, and 897 ...

Yaesu has an interesting system. Two voltages, one voltage says "go up" and
the other one says "go down". It's not complicated to decode

Yaesu ATAS 120 Ed Findley Antenna 1 October 1st 03 06:35 PM
Mobile Antenna Question Richard Clark Antenna 3 August 23rd 03 08:07 PM
Need HF / Mobile Antenna Recommendation Craig Buck Antenna 3 August 10th 03 03:49 PM
Wanted: SWAN Mobile Antenna Info Norm VE3CZI Antenna 4 July 18th 03 10:44 PM
Mobile antenna balancing ? Radio Amateur KC2HMZ Antenna 20 July 18th 03 05:17 PM