Old January 11th 04, 10:43 PM
Valid Email Address

Default Calibration Cable for a TS-440

Does anyone know of what the calibration cable for a Kenwood TS-440S
consists? I'd like to make one, but I can find no information online.

Thanks for any help.

Dan
Old January 12th 04, 05:21 PM
Howard

Valid Email Address wrote in message ws.com...
Does anyone know of what the calibration cable for a Kenwood TS-440S
consists? I'd like to make one, but I can find no information online.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Gee, Just when I thought I knew everything about a TS-440, I see/read
something new!!

What exactly is this cable, and what does it calibrate? If you can
tell me more I'll bet I can help you.

I have built a number of interfaces for the TS-440 that connect the
rig to a PC for all kinds of purposes.

73 de WA2AFD

Old January 12th 04, 05:55 PM
Clif Holland

It's a simple wire that the owners manual on page 24 shows where to hook it
up. Instructions on usage are also there.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
m...

Old January 13th 04, 01:01 AM
Valid Email Address

Yes, that is what it seems to be; however, having purchased my TS-440
secondhand, the cable was not supplied, so I had no knowledge of its
existence until reading the manual.

What made me think that it was more than a wire was the wording in the
manual. It states that this cable has a one-pin-end and a two-pin-end.
I did not know if this cable contained some simple circuit or what.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Dan

Old January 13th 04, 06:29 PM
Bob

I think it's just a jumper.

Bob

Old January 13th 04, 06:29 PM
Bob

I think it's just a jumper.

Bob

Old January 14th 04, 04:38 PM
Dave Holford

I have the same question for the TS-450, is this just a simple wire or
is there more to it than that?

Thanks
Dave

Clif Holland wrote:

It's a simple wire that the owners manual on page 24 shows where to hook it
up. Instructions on usage are also there.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid
Authorized Kenwood and Icom Service Center
816 W Shady Grove Rd
Irving, TX 75060

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779