Old October 20th 11, 11:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Location: helensville new zealand
Default Odd item from sale.

On Monday evening I picked up a rather unusual item from my local vintage
radio equipment sale.
It is described as a MS64 Impeadance measuring set. Now I bought it for its
nice case and a very fine Velvet Vernier dial and also in the hope that it
was a multi band bridge for measuring RF impeadances (especially antennas).
However from the calibration sheet I found inside I'm now pretty certain that
it was designed for the old airfield low frequency beacons to set up the
antenna system. Although it is very well made and elaborate inside it
actually covers just 200 kHz to 550 Khz.
Oh well I guess it will make a nice basis for a better looking antenna
coupler for my station. Just goes to show that all your guesses can't always
be right!!!

Clifford Wright ZL1BDA

MOTOROLA ITEM/F-S [email protected] Swap 0 January 10th 06 02:18 PM
box of radio/item for sale Jerry Swap 0 September 13th 04 07:32 PM
FA: An item for everyone Philip de Cadenet Broadcasting 0 February 17th 04 09:40 PM
FA: An item for everyone Philip de Cadenet Swap 0 February 17th 04 04:42 PM
New "as-is" item for EBay soon? Radioman390 Shortwave 1 September 10th 03 12:31 AM