Old February 28th 05, 04:43 PM
Robert Kubichek

Default WTB:HOMEBREW 2 METER TUBE AMPLIFIER

It is a good amp, if you use it to its rated output.
The 4cx250b is only rated for 250w plate output. Trying to get more from
that tube will shorten life, and produce much more heat.
I have used that amp running at 150w out and it just gets warm, and it
is solid performer.

Bob N9LVU

whoever wrote:
Not homebrew but you might want to look at it?