Old March 5th 05, 10:59 PM
Mike Terry

Default Rush Limbaugh back on shortwave?

Transcript From RushLimbaugh.com:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai..._love_line.gue
st.html

CALLER: We do appreciate you and the only thing we regret is it's very hard
to pick you up out on the water but as we are members of the 24/7, we will
be able to catch up on that when we get back.

RUSH: Well, thanks very much. You know, we used to have a shortwave
affiliate out there in New Orleans. There was a shortwave affiliate in New
Orleans. You remember that, Brian? That was before you were born. We had a
shortwave affiliate out there, and I don't know what happened to these guys,
maybe terrorists blew them up or what have you, but that was cool because
you could broadcast during the day. You could hear this program on the
cruise ship, for instance, if you took a little shortwave radio. We ought to
look back into that and try to revive that, so it would help guys like this
going out on their anniversaries on cruises and so forth, in remote parts,
parts unknown, that don't have EIB affiliates.

(DXLD)

Old March 6th 05, 12:25 PM
RHF

DM - And that would be a good thing !

"Rush Limbaugh 24/7 on International Shortwave Radio World Wide."
is a METAPHOR for bring some really entertaining Talk Show Hosts
on the Shortwave Bands that would be appealing to the American
(English Speaking) Listener. Plus provide more of America's
"Voice-of-the-People" to everyone who wants to Listen in Around
the World. Most of the so called Shortwave "Kooks" lack the talent
to be on the Commercial AM/FM Radio Stations that are paid for by
Sponsors that are Real Businesses.
Old March 6th 05, 05:43 PM
lsmyer

RHF, you are totally right about the positive impact that someone of
Limbaugh's stature would make on SW. I am totally for it and hope to see it
happened ASAP!

But I also think we need to change the FCC rules about domestic shortwave. I
don't pretend to know the law, but there's some legal reason that American
shortwave broadcasters have to target their signal to people outside the US.
I don't know what that is, but I strongly feel that shortwave would become
infinitely more interesting and popular if this restriction was lifted.

Old March 6th 05, 05:46 PM
dxAce

lsmyer wrote:

RHF, you are totally right about the positive impact that someone of
Limbaugh's stature would make on SW. I am totally for it and hope to see it
happened ASAP!

But I also think we need to change the FCC rules about domestic shortwave. I
don't pretend to know the law, but there's some legal reason that American
shortwave broadcasters have to target their signal to people outside the US.
I don't know what that is, but I strongly feel that shortwave would become
infinitely more interesting and popular if this restriction was lifted.

It's the Smith-Mundt Act.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 6th 05, 06:00 PM
David

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:43:47 -0500, "lsmyer"
wrote:

RHF, you are totally right about the positive impact that someone of
Limbaugh's stature would make on SW. I am totally for it and hope to see it
happened ASAP!

But I also think we need to change the FCC rules about domestic shortwave. I
don't pretend to know the law, but there's some legal reason that American
shortwave broadcasters have to target their signal to people outside the US.
I don't know what that is, but I strongly feel that shortwave would become
infinitely more interesting and popular if this restriction was lifted.

Limbaugh's stature? Oh yeah, he drove a nice Benz convertible to his
dope dealer's...

LMAO!!!!

Old March 6th 05, 09:53 PM
RHF

Ismyer,
Old March 6th 05, 10:06 PM
David

On 6 Mar 2005 12:53:47 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

Ismyer,
.
For Example if Clear Channel would get into the Shortwave Radio
Business and establish their Shortwave Transmitters and Antennas
Deep-in-the-Heart of Texas, USA. (The Northern Texas Pan Handle)
Or any of these centerally located states: Oklahoma-Kansas-Nebraska.

First Shortwave Antenna - If two of their Targeted Non-USA
Countries were Canada and Belize in the Caribbeanian
they would be broadcasting North-and-South.
.
Second Shortwave Antenna - If their Targeted Non-USA
Countries were England (UK) and Australia, Hong Kong
and Singapore they would be broadcasting East-and-West.
.
Using the above Shortwave Antenna Schemes would
insure that getting-out of the USA would be "Getting Over"
(Coverage of) all of the the USA.
.
This is in general what most USA based International
Shortwave Broadcasters do to be heard 'over-there' "Here".
.
The other simple trick is to Step-Over-the-Line and
Rent Time on one of the existing Canadian Shortwave
Broadcast Stations to be Beammed to the USA.
.
Or Do what Clear Channel has done along the Southern
US Border with Mexican AM/FM Radio Stations and
Lease the entire operation to pump-and-dump US Based
Programming back-across-the-border. Or build a few new
'independent' Shortwave Broadcast Facilities in Mexico
for their International Operations.
.
where they is money to be made - there is always a way ~ RHF
.
.

Shortwave Broadcasting is dead in the First World. Get it?

The only people using it are nut job lunatic fringe types who can't
come up with enough money to LMA daytime only AM stations.

Old March 6th 05, 10:10 PM
RHF

david, David. DAVID !
Old March 7th 05, 12:20 AM
David

On 6 Mar 2005 13:10:03 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

david, David. DAVID !
.
there is 'stature' -&- There Is "Stature"
.
Rush Limbaugh's "Stature" comes from the very real fact that
He is the #1; In-the-Top-Five; In-the-Top-Ten; Talk Radio
Personalities in the US Commercial AM/FM Radio Market.
.
Rush Limbaugh's "Stature" comes from the very real fact that
He is a Money Maker and a Market Maker for AM/FM Radio.
.
Rush Limbaugh's "Stature" could help to re-make
Shortwave Radio as part of the main stream US Media.

DaviD your 'stature' comes from the very real fact that
'you' are a Political Cadre of the Democrat Party of the USA.
.
DaviD your 'stature' comes from the very real fact that
'you' are the most frequent "Off-Topic" poster on this NewsGroup.
.
DaviD - When it comes to "LMAO" - That's All Of You ! ! ! !
.
david - i'd rather be rush - then 'you' ~ RHF
.

Look, Bunghole, you're in way more threads than I am. You and the
Nazi from Ypsilanti or wherever and the WebTV guy seem to feel the
need to chime in on every single thread.

Shortwave is prevented by law from being part of the mainstream media
in the USA. Limbaugh is a train wreck; bad, but you can't look away.
The worst thing that ever happened to this country is that people
actually started believing his lunatic spew.

Old March 7th 05, 01:15 AM
running dogg

David wrote:

On 6 Mar 2005 13:10:03 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

david, David. DAVID !
.
[...]

Wrong. The worst is that as Rush ceased to be shocking, the big media
conglomerates started going further and further right (think Michael
Savage) in order to keep their ratings up. As big media rushed rightward
in search of the ratings that Rush once had, more moderate voices were
squeezed out, and soon much of radio became dominated by neofascist
shock jocks who told Americans to trust them and not the "liberal
media". And since moderate/liberal voices were either a) pushed
out/nonexistent b) ignored or c) marginalized, Americans started
depending on the right wing shock jocks for their information about the
world. This is like having your whole worldview shaped by Radio Havana
and Voice of Korea or the konspiracy kooks on WWCR. That dependence on
entertainers for news, and Americans not realizing that the shock jocks'
"news" was really entertainment and propaganda, was the second worst
thing to happen to America.

Rush and shortwave dxAce Shortwave 27 March 6th 05 07:16 PM
Questions -?- Considering a 'small' Shortwave Listener's (SWLs) Antenna RHF Shortwave 1 January 24th 05 10:37 PM
Ireland, Denmark and Norway leaving shortwave Mike Terry Shortwave 3 January 2nd 04 11:59 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM