Old April 20th 12, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Plonking!

Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!} I'll check back from time
to time to see if some degree of sanity has returned and may
then again subscribe to the one newgroup I really used to enjoy!

QRX!

Irv VE6BP

Old April 20th 12, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!} I'll check back from time
to time to see if some degree of sanity has returned and may
then again subscribe to the one newgroup I really used to enjoy!

QRX!

Irv VE6BP

I use "plonk" as "Block the Sender." Not so with you?

"Sal"

Old April 20th 12, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/19/2012 8:14 PM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!} I'll check back from time
to time to see if some degree of sanity has returned and may
then again subscribe to the one newgroup I really used to enjoy!

QRX!

Irv VE6BP

So, you're going to punish the whole group by depriving it of your
"presence" here just because a few post stuff you consider beneath your
dignity to even ignore?

Bye.

Old April 20th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/19/2012 8:14 PM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!} I'll check back from time
to time to see if some degree of sanity has returned and may
then again subscribe to the one newgroup I really used to enjoy!

QRX!

Irv VE6BP

Try to resist the urge to "check back". The group will become accustomed
to your absence, eventually, and carry on as it should. You're
visitation might lead to another undesirable experience for you and then
the group might have another painful withdrawal when you leave again.
Try to be considerate.

Old April 20th 12, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In "Irv Finkleman"
wrote:

Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!}

Too bad your news client doesn't have a useful filter.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old April 30th 12, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:14:25 -0600, "Irv Finkleman"
wrote:

Well, not exactly plonking, but unsubscribing from this group for
a while until the madness into which it appears to have descended
(i.e. where one troll can hook a series of responders who in turn
descend into the same bottomless pit!} I'll check back from time
to time to see if some degree of sanity has returned and may
then again subscribe to the one newgroup I really used to enjoy!

QRX!

Irv VE6BP

Sometimes propagation is poor and the noise floor high on this band
too!
John Ferrell W8CCW
Old April 30th 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I got plonked by a famous ham when he challenged me to tell the
difference between a 50 ohm dipole and a 50 ohm dummy load if I
couldn't see what was attached to the transmission line. I answered,
"Field Strength Meter?", and he plonked me.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old April 30th 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" wrote in message
I got plonked by a famous ham when he challenged me to tell the
difference between a 50 ohm dipole and a 50 ohm dummy load if I
couldn't see what was attached to the transmission line. I answered,
"Field Strength Meter?", and he plonked me.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Reminiscent of an old story about how to establish
the height of a tall building with a barometer: Go to
the super and offer the barometer to him if he tells
you how tall the building is.

Also, drop it from the building's roof and time the fall.
d = 1/2 (g (t-squared)) Can also use a watermelon.

The "real" answer, involving atmospheric pressure
difference, is no fun at all.

"Sal"