Old March 18th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Sweden to leave shortwave

http://kimelli.nfshost.com/index.php?id=8542
Old March 18th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:28:27 +1300, Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce
wrote:

http://kimelli.nfshost.com/index.php?id=8542

Yes of course. "Going to the web". The only problem with the internet
is when something important happens it all locks up and no information
is available.

Jim

Old March 19th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Another example of stupid broadcasters which have bought the crap about the
Internet being a REPLACEMENT for better options drinking the Kool Aid. They
read "better" but all they care about is "cheaper" at the expense of
audience and service. I'll wager it's more a decision based on audience
restriction and identifying
who is listening.

They are kidding themselves. Even on so-called "high speed" they're deluding
themselves by calling it "streaming audio." There is nothing "streaming"
about it. It's slow and inconsistent in feed. Just like the stupid digital
TV system they forced on us to get us to buy new TV sets. (How do you like
those frozen frames and white pixels all the time?)

Portability. Non existent.

Privacy? Hah! Wait until Internet #2 gets cranked up and the dark sinister
shadows that control EVERYTHING decide they don't want us to hear what Radio
Sweden has to say; it'll be shut off pronto. (And don't kid yourselves...at
the rate we are gong around the world ****ing off nations, Sweden's time
will come).

Thankfully there are many other options and Radio Sweden can go to hell as
far as I am concerned. Sweden once was considered a nation of freedom and
without oppression. They're now also showing their government's real agenda
with surveillance and prohibiting their citizens from freedom of speech. The
creeps that run Sweden want the same things that the creeps who run other
oppressive countries now want.

Good DX.

Old March 19th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 19, 6:31*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Clive wrote:
Just like the stupid digital
TV system they forced on us to get us to buy new TV sets. (How do you like
those frozen frames and white pixels all the time?)

I really enjoy the ATSC improvement from the outdated NTSC.
You got pixelation issues, get a better signal.
I use rabbit ears indoors with excellent results,
and enjoy all the subchannel offerings free OTA.

Oh, and forgot to mention that the changeover gave me the excuse to get a flat
screen TV with its fiber optic audio output which gave another excuse to get a
new AV receiver with TOSlink capability. Sure had to drop a few bucks but that's
why it's printed on such good paper, so it can change hands lots of times.. ;-) *

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

You and I are going to have to disagree. The new TV sets and digital
system, for all its bells and whistles, do not provide a greatly
improved view IMHO. Certainly not worth the trouble and expense. On
top of that, the greater selection of channels = greater selection of
crapola. TV has become a rare passtime in my house, and eventually I
can see it disappearing from my life. The world is full of better
things to do.

Bruce

Israel radio to leave shortwave. RHF Shortwave 1 March 27th 08 12:51 AM
Israel radio to leave shortwave. m II Shortwave 1 March 21st 08 07:19 PM
Voice of Armenia to leave shortwave dxAce Shortwave 3 July 22nd 06 05:18 AM
Radio Sweden B-04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 17th 04 04:43 PM
Radio Sweden B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 13th 04 10:03 PM