Old May 26th 17, 06:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] And then it rained

Amateur Radio on the Road

And then it rained

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2017/05/...hen-it-rained/

When I woke up this morning it was windy and overcast. and yes the forecast
was for rain

On the bright side the wind was keeping the mosquitoes from being too much
of a pest I decided to get ambitious and get the antenna up and re
introduce my self to my FT 817. The antenna of the day was my faithful
home brewed W3EDP which I was using in the slopes configuration at about
25 feet at the high end and about picnic table high at the low end..

My first contact was with Batty VE3ISX who was NCS of the ONTARS Net (
http://www.ontars.com ) . This was an 80m ssb contact and to Barrys credit
he could copy my QRP signal and we had a short chat A look at the
voltmeter reminded me that I should of charged the battery pack before
leaving Ottawa

My second contact after the battery charge was with Ray VA2OL who relayed
me into the Trans Provincal Net on 7.055 ssb (remembrance the Canadian
Bandplan) Again the QRP SSB signal was heard.

Shortly after that the skies opened up which brings us to where I am now
Lying on the Bed writing this on my IPAD waiting for the rain to stop

If you are looking for a contact from Morrisburg Ontario I plan to be
close to either 3.755 or 7.055 during the days or 3.730 in the evenings
Weather permitting.

73bob