Old December 1st 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ferrite rod 3/4" 1"

Greetings Earthlings,

I need to get hold of some ferrite rod that is 3/4" or 1" in
diameter. Material must be #61. There is a site called www.stormwise.com
which claims to have the material in 1", but I don't know anything
about them.

Has anybody deal with this company or can offer another source for the
larger dia rod?

Silver is up over 3% today

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Old December 1st 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I was going to suggest Amidon, but doesn't look like they have the size(s) you
need:

https://www.amidoncorp.com/items/10

Old December 1st 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 1, 10:09*am, N9NEO wrote:
Greetings Earthlings,

I need to get hold of some ferrite rod that is 3/4" or 1" in
diameter. *Material must be #61. *There is a site calledwww.stormwise..com
which claims to have the material in 1", but I don't know anything
about them.

Has anybody deal with this company or can offer another source for the
larger dia rod?

Silver is up over 3% today

regards,
Bob
N9NEO

Try bundling several smaller Rods into one larger one.
Old December 2nd 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
www.devilfinder.com
Three quarter inch diameter ferrite rods

You might find something there.
cuhulin

You might want to try looking for 30 millimeter as well.
Old December 3rd 09, 07:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

N9NEO wrote:

I need to get hold of some ferrite rod that is 3/4" or 1" in
diameter. Material must be #61. There is a site called www.stormwise.com
which claims to have the material in 1", but I don't know anything
about them.

Has anybody deal with this company or can offer another source for the
larger dia rod?

Up to 1/2 inch he

http://www.cwsbytemark.com/index.php...ndex&cPath=216

The site you mentioned:

http://www.stormwise.com/page26.htm

Slotted rods to 0.748 inch dia.

http://www.magneticsgroup.com/f_rods.htm

1/2 inch dia. up to 8 inches long:

http://www.surplussales.com/Inductor...s/FerRods.html

Tubes seem to available in a one inch dia. much more frequently than rods.

mike