Old May 23rd 17, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ham radio regulation is a complete JOKE

On Tue, 23 May 2017, Vassilis Spiliopoulos wrote:

Well, you indeed need a licence for installing a cell tower.
But still the way exam dates are planned and organised, as well as the exam
material itself is not of the best quality.That is the main topic of this
series of posts.To prove that ham radio ISNT THAT CRAZY and should not be
that heavily restricted.
Apart from that, I am complaining about the behaviour of certain operators,
especially on the VHF band.

Your first post was all over the map.

Amateur radio is the least restrictive radio service there is. When I was
licensed at age 12 in 1972, I could run full power, 1KW, right away, and
do anything amateur radio allowed, except for voice on the lower
frequencies. I could experiment, I could build equipment, I could try
radio frequencies all over the spectrum, from almost longwave to
microwave. Endless things have come out of amateur radio precisely
because there are no restrictions.

Having to take a test is just to make sure you don't mess up. I don't
have the right to drive, I'd have to take a test there. It's the same
thing.

Any other radio service requires a specific need and you have to use
equipment specifically approved for that service, and what you can do is
limited.

Michael