Old January 5th 04, 02:20 PM
WShoots1

Default Emerson MBR-1

Can anyone please point me to specs regarding this supposed SW receiver a
friend got? She's threatening to return it, and I'm about to suggest that,
since it doesn't even seem to do all the things claimed.

I've tried, without success, searching the various Internet review and sales
sites about this unit.

Thanks much and Good DX,
Bill, K5BY
Old January 5th 04, 11:33 PM
WShoots1

Forget it. I learned from the owner that this radio is not a SW receiver. It's
just an AM/FM with WX channels.

Bill, K5BY
Old January 6th 04, 07:13 AM
RCM

In fact it is a SW receiver from 4 Mhz to 12 Mhz with so-so reception of
some of the major stations. Otherwise though its pretty much for FM,
Weather, TV Band, AM, CB, etc. In fact its not bad on AM but shortwave wasnt
much to be desired from my opinion. I just picked one up at a flea market so
it didnt cost me too much but Im glad for that because its not all that hot
either. I couldnt find any specs for it either through my exhaustive
searches through the Net.

Old January 7th 04, 09:01 AM
WShoots1

Thanks RCM. I'll have to pass that along to the lady newbie. I don't know why
she didn't give that info to me, which was what the salesperson told her the
radio covered.

But she wants shortwave specifically, so I suggested she return it and see if
Sears has a YB300PE or something in exchange (and some money back).

73,
Bill, K5BY