Old December 29th 04, 12:07 AM
Mike Coslo

Default VEC rates to increase

I see that as of January 1, the ARRL VEC-coordinated Amateur Radio
examination sessions fee will rise from $12 to $14. The VE teams may
retain up to $6 of this fee to reimburse the out-of-pocket test expenses.

Is this appropriate?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old December 29th 04, 03:10 AM
garigue

I see that as of January 1, the ARRL VEC-coordinated Amateur Radio
examination sessions fee will rise from $12 to $14. The VE teams may
retain up to $6 of this fee to reimburse the out-of-pocket test expenses.

Is this appropriate?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Hello Mike ......yepper sure nuff is .....the amount of time and resources
spent by our club and its members justifies the expense. We offer a 1 yr
free membership to the club for anyone who takes our course and passes the
NC tech. The money collected goes into the club coffer and is used also to
subsidies the study guide for the course.

Take care and the best for 05 for all on the group .....

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Old December 29th 04, 05:55 PM
bb

What about "volunteer" doesn't the FCC understand?

And if they're worried about their gas money, I think they can claim 31
cents per mile on their federal income tax returns for travel incurred
while volunteering.

You asked.

bb

Old December 29th 04, 07:11 PM
Phil Kane

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:36:02 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:

I see that as of January 1, the ARRL VEC-coordinated Amateur Radio
examination sessions fee will rise from $12 to $14. The VE teams may
retain up to $6 of this fee to reimburse the out-of-pocket test expenses.

Is this appropriate?

No. The FCC should do the tests.

How in hell did you get this one right for a change? I agree with
you 100% but it isn't going to happen, not in our lifetime and
beyond.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

Old December 29th 04, 10:24 PM
robert casey

Mike Coslo wrote:

I see that as of January 1, the ARRL VEC-coordinated Amateur Radio
examination sessions fee will rise from $12 to $14. The VE teams may
retain up to $6 of this fee to reimburse the out-of-pocket test expenses.

Nobody gets rich being a VE. Expenses are up, so what
else is new?

Old December 29th 04, 10:31 PM
robert casey

How in hell did you get this one right for a change? I agree with
you 100% but it isn't going to happen, not in our lifetime and
beyond.

Even an "F" student gets a few answers right.

How many versions of the tests did the FCC have at
any one time? The rules used to say "No retests
within 30 days" so that would mean that they changed
the versions every 30 days. Now, if they only had
two versions, one could wait 60 days and see the
exact same test they had before. I don't suppose
the examiners had kept track to see if anyone actually
did that. Or more likely they didn't worry about it.
Old December 29th 04, 10:43 PM
garigue

Hello Mike ......yepper sure nuff is .....the amount of time and

resources
spent by our club and its members justifies the expense. We offer a 1 yr
free membership to the club for anyone who takes our course and passes

the
NC tech. The money collected goes into the club coffer and is used also

subsidies the study guide for the course.

How much of a bribe do you require to grant a pass?

Well Barry I guess I should come clean on this one ...... to tell you the
truth I haven't had to was my car for the last 10 years. Every Thursday
there are about 2 dozen guys that come over and cut my grass and was the
windows. Also on alternate Tuesdays their wifes cook me dinner. Now this
is ONLY for a no code pass. I have been personally treated to ski weekends,
broadway shows and comps at Atlantic City among other things for Gerneal
passes. Now for the EXTRA ....I used to get free airfare and rooms in
Europe when the code speed was 20 WPM but alas now with 5 WPM I can only
manage the Vegas - westcoast vacations. However I do have a Lincoln Town
Car a DX fanatic bought for me. Barry you ought to get into this mode ... a
guy can make a good living at it.

73 Tom Popovic KI3R Belle Vernon Pa.

Take care and the best for 05 for all on the group .....

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

-Barry

Old December 29th 04, 11:28 PM
garigue

"garigue" wrote in message

[...]

OOOPs that should be wash the car and windows ....I guess the sensory
components are down in my right index finger from all the greensstamps that
have passed over them .....

Old December 29th 04, 11:43 PM
Leo

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:43:22 GMT, "garigue"
wrote:

[...]

Great comeback - well done, Tom!

73, Leo
Old December 30th 04, 01:37 AM
bb

N2EY says, "I'm not a VE, so I don't know how much it actually costs to
conduct a session. But it seems to me..."

Lessee. Doesn't serve his country in the armed forces. Doesn't serve
his country as a paid "volunteer examiner." He must serve in other
ways.

But he always has an opinion.

PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 18 September 24th 05 04:34 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 14 June 14th 04 07:52 PM
Ultra low bit rates Paul Rubin Digital 0 June 13th 04 06:01 PM
Parabolic dish gives weak performance increase Uncle Peter Antenna 12 May 14th 04 02:54 AM
PSK baud rates on HF charlesb Digital 0 November 28th 03 04:26 AM