Old June 9th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II

You can see my original review of the RF Systems DX1 Pro in the
equipment section of dxing.info below. This active antenna
malfunctioned
after six years of
outstanding operation and was returned to Holland for repair. It was
received back and re-erected on June 1st 2007 and had been upgraded to
the
Mk II version.

My impressions of the Mk II is that it is even quieter and more
sensitive
than the original. It's suppression of suburban RFI is outstanding and
I am
able to receive clearly very weak and far distant DX with ease. I can
compare it with my PAORDT Roelof mini-whip and Datong AD-270 active
antenna's. It is substantially quieter and more sensitive than either
of
these, really in a different and much higher class of it's own.

A sampling of recent catches over the last few days:
10320 khz AFN Pearl Harbour, a 3 kw TX 18,600 km's away
1540 khz ZNSI Bahamas 12,100 km's distant
234 khz RTL Luxembourg 9,400 km's away.
Plus many other exotic catches.

I can highly recommend this active antenna to anyone who is unable to
erect
a decent wire antenna. It may be expensive, but it is the best and you
will
enjoy years of superb reception that will soften the shock of the high
initial price you paid for it.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old June 10th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 9, 10:56 am, wrote:
[...]

JP,

Nice to know that RF Systems stands behind their Products.
Especially since you had the Antenna in-service for 6-Years.

enjoy your radios and good future dxing ~ RHF
Old June 10th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 9, 10:56 am, wrote:
able to receive clearly very weak and far distant DX with ease. I can
compare it with my PAORDT Roelof mini-whip and Datong AD-270 active
antenna's. It is substantially quieter and more sensitive than either
of
these, really in a different and much higher class of it's own.

Could you tell a little about the needed ground connection? I understood
that this antenna does need a good ground.

initially I had interest in this antenna as I'm located on the top of a
apartment building I don't have access to good ground, and I cant erect
a wire antenna either. To top things off, we don't even have lightning
rods I could use for ground or lightning protection...

Yesterday I lowered my PAORDT mini-whip by 1,5 meter (was about 4 meters
high above the roof) and that made the signal MUCH cleaner.

--
JeroenK
Old June 10th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 9:23 am, JeroenK wrote:
On Jun 9, 10:56 am, wrote:

[...]

Replying to RHF = thanks for your remarks. The repair was not for
free/gratis but cost E240/$320 including shipping. I had expected to
ditch
the old one and have to buy a complete new one, so I was quite happy
with
the outcome. They replaced all the electronic parts both in the head
unit
and indoor control unit.

to JeroenK - I have no knowledge of how to install a DX1 on top of
an
apartment roof without an earth. I suggest you go to RF Systems
website and
get in contact with them.
http://www.rf-systems.nl/
I am sure they will have experience of such installations and will
advise
you.
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk 2, Datong AD-270

Old June 10th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

to JeroenK - I have no knowledge of how to install a DX1 on top of
an
apartment roof without an earth. I suggest you go to RF Systems
website and
get in contact with them.
http://www.rf-systems.nl/
I am sure they will have experience of such installations and will
advise
you.

Was actually just wondering what type of earth you used for it And if
you maybe experimented with different types of earth and which would
work best with this antenna.

--
JeroenK

Old June 10th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 6:55 pm, JeroenK wrote:
wrote:
to JeroenK - I have no knowledge of how to install a DX1 on top of
an
apartment roof without an earth. I suggest you go to RF Systems
website and
get in contact with them.
http://www.rf-systems.nl/
I am sure they will have experience of such installations and will
advise
you.

Was actually just wondering what type of earth you used for it And if
you maybe experimented with different types of earth and which would
work best with this antenna.

--
JeroenK

I have difficulty replying to usenet, so you must please contact me
privately to continue this conversation

Old June 10th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I have difficulty replying to usenet, so you must please contact me
privately to continue this conversation

Heh ... Curious, very curious

--
JeroenK

GARMIN GPS Systems [email protected] Swap 0 June 4th 07 05:35 PM
FS: Rf Systems MLB Balun Patrick Swap 0 January 17th 05 12:27 AM
FA: TX RX Systems UHF Duplexer JimBob Swap 0 October 8th 04 04:31 AM
RF Systems MTA Larry Echols Shortwave 0 October 1st 03 02:50 AM
WTB: RF Systems DX-One Pro Michael Holme Shortwave 3 August 20th 03 10:09 PM