Old August 23rd 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default ISOPOLE antenna

I used to have an AEA Isopole 2M antenna before Hurricane Hugo took it
down. In tribute to this antenna I would like to build a 2.4 Ghz
version for my wireless router. I have assembly instructions for the
2M version but I dont know how impedance matching for the 5/8 section
was accomplished. Was it just a series coil? I may also try to roll my
own 2M version of the antenna. I used to really enjoy when neigbors
would ask what the heck that thing was.

Jimmie.
Old August 23rd 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I used to have an AEA Isopole 2M antenna before Hurricane Hugo took it
down. In tribute to this antenna I would like to build a 2.4 Ghz
version for my wireless router. I have assembly instructions for the
2M version but I dont know how impedance matching for the 5/8 section
was accomplished. Was it just a series coil? I may also try to roll my
own 2M version of the antenna. I used to really enjoy when neigbors
would ask what the heck that thing was.

I can help just a little. Some of the Isopoles are a DC short, meaning they
have a shunt coil, too. I say that from knowing my 220 Isopole.

Old August 25th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam Tam is offline

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I used to have an AEA Isopole 2M antenna before Hurricane Hugo took it
down. In tribute to this antenna I would like to build a 2.4 Ghz
version for my wireless router. I have assembly instructions for the
2M version but I dont know how impedance matching for the 5/8 section
was accomplished. Was it just a series coil? I may also try to roll my
own 2M version of the antenna. I used to really enjoy when neigbors
would ask what the heck that thing was.

Jimmie.

I wouldn't bother. Especially if all your stuff is not all on one floor. I
once had a 2m Isopole on the roof. Worked better than the 1/4 wave in the
attic in some directions, not as good in some other directions.

Tam

FS AEA Isopole jvcactus Swap 3 August 20th 07 08:53 PM
WTB Isopole 2M David Thompson Antenna 0 March 2nd 05 04:20 AM
Looking For a Good used Isopole antenna BOWE0341 Equipment 0 May 8th 04 11:06 PM
Looking For a Good used Isopole antenna BOWE0341 Equipment 0 May 8th 04 11:06 PM
WTB AEA 2M Isopole David L Thompson Antenna 0 March 29th 04 03:22 AM