Old May 27th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ground mounted Butternut HF6v

I have just finished the installation of a Butternut HF6V vertical antenna.
The link below contains several close-up pictures of the ground radial plate
and the coil/capacitor assemblies, which are part of the HF6V. I use the
antenna mainly on 40 meters, but it does work on 80-10 meters and 30 meters.

http://tinyurl.com/26odvm

Constructive comments are welcome.

John, N9JG

Old May 29th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:05:54 +0000, John, N9JG wrote:

I have just finished the installation of a Butternut HF6V vertical
antenna. The link below contains several close-up pictures of the ground
radial plate and the coil/capacitor assemblies, which are part of the
HF6V. I use the antenna mainly on 40 meters, but it does work on 80-10
meters and 30 meters.

http://tinyurl.com/26odvm

Constructive comments are welcome.

John, N9JG

I envy your radial plate. Makes mine seem very cheap indeed.
http://teh.3leggedcat.com/ham/radial-plate.jpg

Could you get a close-up of the 30m capacitor?

I have an original HF6V which had the cap at the bottom of the 30m coil,
thus placing all the stress across the doorknob cap. Ive had two of them
break in the 10 years the antenna has been up.

I know the HF6VX has a couple revisions made to it since mine was built,
mainly to allow the 12m and 17m kits. But I believe the other is the 30m
cap assembly. I would like a detailed picture so I might modify mine in
a similar manner.

--Teh

Old May 29th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Correction!! I gave the wrong link. Please use the following link
http://tinyurl.com/26odvm

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
. net...
See the bottom photo of the web page pointed to by the link below
http://tinyurl.com/9cpcf

John, N9JG

"Tehrasha Darkon" wrote in message
I envy your radial plate. Makes mine seem very cheap indeed.
http://teh.3leggedcat.com/ham/radial-plate.jpg

Could you get a close-up of the 30m capacitor?

I have an original HF6V which had the cap at the bottom of the 30m coil,
thus placing all the stress across the doorknob cap. Ive had two of them
break in the 10 years the antenna has been up.

I know the HF6VX has a couple revisions made to it since mine was built,
mainly to allow the 12m and 17m kits. But I believe the other is the 30m
cap assembly. I would like a detailed picture so I might modify mine in
a similar manner.

--Teh

WTB Butternut HF6V Paolo Emanuelli IK1QHB Antenna 0 May 13th 06 11:38 PM
WTB Butternut HF6V Paolo Emanuelli IK1QHB Equipment 0 May 1st 06 05:00 PM
Butternut HF6V need guys? John Gotwals Antenna 16 July 12th 05 04:27 AM
Butternut HF6V Mike Coslo Policy 7 October 18th 04 01:02 AM
Butternut HF6V FS/FT MD Equipment 1 August 5th 03 01:03 PM