Old August 8th 03, 03:50 AM
Al Patrick

Default Prayer Test!

Prayer Test!

Federal Judge Myron Thompson is showing his "authority" by
ordering Judge Moore of Alabama to remove the Ten
Commandments by August 20, 2003, or face SEVERE daily fines
which would increase weekly.

He is doing this from a distance so as not to have a
confrontation. However, my Bible tells me that EVERY knee
is going to bow and EVERY tongue is going to confess Jesus
Christ. I also know there is no distance in prayer and no
place for this "man" or any other man to hide from the face
of God. I believe it is high time we Christians stood up
and obeyed "God RATHER THAN man."

I'm praying God will show HIS authority by removing Federal
Judge Myron Thompson BEFORE August 20. That's only twelve
days. (This, the seventh, is almost gone and the twentieth
doesn't count!)

I'm not asking anyone else to stick their neck out by
commenting on this issue in this public forum. However, I
am asking that every Christian who believes in the power of
prayer join with me in this effort.

I don't care HOW God takes him out of office -- only that He
does!

Thanks, in advance, for all prayers offered toward this end!
Please pass this on to praying Christians.

Al Patrick

Old August 8th 03, 12:22 PM
Mike Erb

x-no-archive-yes
In article , Al Patrick wrote:

Prayer Test!

snip snip snip

I don't care HOW God takes him out of office -- only that He
does!

Thanks, in advance, for all prayers offered toward this end!
Please pass this on to praying Christians.

Al Patrick

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love
one another. -- Jonathan Swift

Do not reply to the e-mail address above - too much SPAM! Post replies to the group!
Old August 8th 03, 01:41 PM
Neil Bell

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:50:56 -0400, Al Patrick wrote:

I don't care HOW God takes him out of office -- only that He
does!

If your supposed "God" is so all-powerful he will take care of it...

Rational folks may see this a bit differently.

You mix religion, especially "blind faith", into government and you
have a disaster in the making. Believe whatever you want, just stop
trying to force your beliefs into people's lives.
Neil Bell

For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."

|------------------------------------------------------|
Happiness is wanting what you have and not wanting what you don't have.
--Shakyamuni Buddha, 500 BC |
|------------------------------------------------------|
Old August 8th 03, 02:58 PM
Frank White

In article , says...

[...]

And this has to do with shortwave... what, exactly?

And if Judge Moore were a Satanist and had a Satanic
prayer in his courtroom, would you still then insist
that separatioh of Church and State is a bad idea?

FW

(and to stay on topic - shortwave.)

Old August 8th 03, 03:14 PM
Frank Dresser

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Prayer Test!

Federal Judge Myron Thompson is showing his "authority" by
ordering Judge Moore of Alabama to remove the Ten
Commandments by August 20, 2003, or face SEVERE daily fines
which would increase weekly.

[snip]

Al Patrick

I'll assume Judge Moore acts as if the law outranks the Ten Commandments in
his courtroom. So, why would Judge Moore display them in his courtroom? If
Judge Moore actually tried to enforce certain Commandments of the Ten, he
would have far worse problems than he does now.

If Judge Thompson needs to be replaced, who would his replacement be? Could
the replacement Judge have an even sterner view on posting the Ten
Commandments?

If Judge Thompson has a long and productive career on the bench after this
dispute is resolved, what would that mean?

Frank Dresser

Old August 9th 03, 07:57 PM
WShoots1

I'll assume Judge Moore acts as if the law outranks the Ten Commandments in
his courtroom. So, why would Judge Moore display them in his courtroom? If
Judge Moore actually tried to enforce certain Commandments of the Ten, he would
have far worse problems than he does now.

That is an excellent observation, Frank. A keeper.

My being a deist requires me to take the secular route to accomplish any
change.

Bill, K5BY