Old July 11th 04, 03:59 PM
Bill Crowell, N6AYJ

Default Viking Valiant restoration

I recently obtained a Johnson Valiant that is in fairly decent shape
and works on CW, but it has had quite a few modifications installed by
its previous owner. Modulation is absent on AM. SSB input and output
have been added, and clumps of components have been added here and
there. (I don't know what most of them do.) My feeling is to put the
radio back to stock (except for adding some of the accepted mods), use
it only on AM, and use one of my rice boxes on SSB instead. What
think you, and what would be the best method for duplicating the stock
wiring?
Old July 12th 04, 07:24 AM
John D

There's a new yahoo group for old Johnson stuff
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Johnson_Boatanchors/

m...