Old September 25th 03, 09:44 PM
Martin

Default Yaesu FT897 - what are your views on this rig.

Hello,
I am thinking of selling up my Kenwood TS790 VHF/UHF rig
and getting one of these portable Yaesu FT897' for both HF
and VHF/UHF contest operation.
Well I would like to hear what the views of others are .
I have already read some of the reviews on eHam.net
I just want to pole a larger number of people.

What have you found are good and bad about the rig ?
is the FE any good for DX working and will it cope with
BIG signals near to the RX frequency .. Etc Etc

Cheers Martin G1GYC

Old September 26th 03, 01:00 PM
Nick G4FAL

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,
Well I would like to hear what the views of others are .

I am happy with my FT897.

The receiver is pretty good, clearly better than my FT100D.

Do not even think about buying the FC30. If you need an autotuner get the
AT897 from LDG.

--
Nick G4FAL
http://www.totterdell.co.uk