Old July 26th 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I bought it for the cover

Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the picture on the cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

--
Garry W Tidler WW9GT

radiotrician

Old July 26th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Garry W Tidler wrote:
Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the
picture on the cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

Yeah - that's "Power Windows" one of their lesser known albums... yet
probably (at least in IHMO) one of the better of their mid to late 80's
efforts. Rush has had some interesting covers over the years... but
that's typical among progressive rock bands (Yes, Moody Blues, Jethro
Tull, Pink Floyd, etc.). Speaking of Tull and covers - any have the
original Thick as a Brick? They can't do that with a CD cover!

best regards...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com
Old July 26th 07, 06:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Garry W Tidler" wrote in message
. ..

Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the picture on the
cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

Also available as a "picture disc".

Attached Thumbnails
I bought it for the cover-0c1b_1_b.jpg
Old July 26th 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Randy or Sherry Guttery wrote:
Garry W Tidler wrote:
Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the
picture on the cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

Yeah - that's "Power Windows" one of their lesser known albums... yet
probably (at least in IHMO) one of the better of their mid to late 80's
efforts. Rush has had some interesting covers over the years... but
that's typical among progressive rock bands (Yes, Moody Blues, Jethro
Tull, Pink Floyd, etc.). Speaking of Tull and covers - any have the
original Thick as a Brick? They can't do that with a CD cover!

best regards...

In fact, the CD that I have not only contains the original artwork (need
to put on my glasses to read it), it also contains the original
recording, plus a live version of the album, plus a retrospective (five
years on) audio interview with the band detailing the recording.

jak

Old July 26th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

jakdedert wrote:

In fact, the CD that I have not only contains the original artwork (need
to put on my glasses to read it), it also contains the original
recording, plus a live version of the album, plus a retrospective (five
years on) audio interview with the band detailing the recording.

Yes, I have that CD as well... but that still doesn't compare to the
full size news paper (after unfolding)... don't need glasses to read that.

best regards...

Old July 26th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

jakdedert wrote:

In fact, the CD that I have not only contains the original artwork
(need to put on my glasses to read it), it also contains the original
recording, plus a live version of the album, plus a retrospective
(five years on) audio interview with the band detailing the recording.

Yes, I have that CD as well... but that still doesn't compare to the
full size news paper (after unfolding)... don't need glasses to read that.

best regards...

True, but even the later editions of the LP didn't contain the fold-out....

jak

Old July 27th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

jakdedert wrote:

True, but even the later editions of the LP didn't contain the fold-out....

That's what I was wondering - since we were in Guam when it hit the
street... or at least by the time we heard about it - it was early 1973
(ship's store doesn't stay too up to date when you're at sea!) - and I
had just assumed they all had it. It was only fairly recently on some
radio program where they were talking about TAAB that one of the people
being interviewed noted that the newspaper was fairly limited - and now
days somewhat rare - esp. in good condition. They also noted the 25th
anniversary re-issue has a reproduction - but it too has some missing
"stuff" that was in the original "edition". Thick as a brick was meant
as a send-up of some of the concept albums being done at the time by Yes
and ELP (why Ian didn't pick on the Moody Blues is a mystery!) - I've
always suspected that it might be because he and Ray Thomas had a lot in
common since they both played the flute as their instrument of choice...

best regards...

Old July 27th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Were these singers always in a hurry

Old July 29th 07, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"jim menning" wrote in message

"Garry W Tidler" wrote in message
. ..

Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the
picture on the cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

Also available as a "picture disc".

\

Nice picture. You collect those, Jim?

Old July 30th 07, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
"jim menning" wrote in message

"Garry W Tidler" wrote in message
. ..

Today I brought a LP record , at a flea market for $1.00 , for the picture on the
cover.

Got a surprise when I looked at the record .

Record is by RUSH

Also available as a "picture disc".

\

Nice picture. You collect those, Jim?

I found the "picture disc picture" in an eBay listing. I have a few picture discs,
but not this one (yet). However I do already have the 2 Predictas and the GE
locomotive set pictured on the RUSH album.