Old April 24th 17, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Fractal Antennas

Ok, I was invited to start a new thread and the very strange person who
invited me to do this seemed to say he would not be participating, so
here it is.

Anyone have experience with fractal antenna design? I know I have seen
a little bit about it, but no theoretical analysis.

--

Rick C
Old April 24th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

http://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/fractal.php

--
Jim Pennino
Old April 24th 17, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/24/2017 12:23 PM, rickman wrote:
Ok, I was invited to start a new thread and the very strange person who
invited me to do this seemed to say he would not be participating, so
here it is.

Anyone have experience with fractal antenna design? I know I have seen
a little bit about it, but no theoretical analysis.

I can't help with theoretical analysis,
but here's a bunch of images you can followup on.
https://tinyurl.com/ltd3z65

Here's one analysis,
https://www.ijareeie.com/upload/june/6_Design%20and.pdf

Here's another, pdf file.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...i3BoOw&cad=rja

Mikek

---

Old April 25th 17, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

= https://www.antennex.com/preview/Jan504/intro-fract.htm
Old April 25th 17, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/24/2017 8:03 PM, pez wrote:

On 24.04.2017 19:23, rickman wrote:

Ok, I was invited to start a new thread and the very strange person
who invited me to do this seemed to say he would not be participating,
so here it is.

Anyone have experience with fractal antenna design? I know I have
seen a little bit about it, but no theoretical analysis.

= https://www.antennex.com/preview/Jan504/intro-fract.htm

That was very interesting.

I guess I was thinking someone would analyze fractal antennas like they
do dipoles, etc., calculating the current and voltage distribution. But
I guess that is just too complex and the simulators are used to "see"
what is happening.

--

Rick C

Old April 25th 17, 02:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote:
On 4/24/2017 8:03 PM, pez wrote:

On 24.04.2017 19:23, rickman wrote:

Ok, I was invited to start a new thread and the very strange person
who invited me to do this seemed to say he would not be participating,
so here it is.

Anyone have experience with fractal antenna design? I know I have
seen a little bit about it, but no theoretical analysis.

= https://www.antennex.com/preview/Jan504/intro-fract.htm

That was very interesting.

I guess I was thinking someone would analyze fractal antennas like they
do dipoles, etc., calculating the current and voltage distribution. But
I guess that is just too complex and the simulators are used to "see"
what is happening.

"Simulators" do analyze structures by calculating the current and voltage
distribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeri...e#How_it_works

--
Jim Pennino
Old April 25th 17, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:33:18 -0400, rickman wrote:

On 4/24/2017 8:03 PM, pez wrote:

On 24.04.2017 19:23, rickman wrote:

Ok, I was invited to start a new thread and the very strange person
who invited me to do this seemed to say he would not be participating,
so here it is.

Anyone have experience with fractal antenna design? I know I have
seen a little bit about it, but no theoretical analysis.

= https://www.antennex.com/preview/Jan504/intro-fract.htm

That was very interesting.

Ditto.

I guess I was thinking someone would analyze fractal antennas like they
do dipoles, etc., calculating the current and voltage distribution. But
I guess that is just too complex and the simulators are used to "see"
what is happening.

Fractal antennas can be modeled. See:
http://www.fractenna.com/whats/whats.html
and scroll down to: "HFSS New FRACTAL Tool". Note the model on the
screen. HFSS is a rather expensive modeling program.

The previous URL
https://www.antennex.com/preview/Jan504/intro-fract.htm
includes some downloadable fractal antenna models (NEC files) at:
http://download.antennex.com/software/model/fractaleq1.nwp
The .nwp file is for NEC-Win Plus, which is thoroughly proprietary.
The program 4NEC2 includes 5 fractal antenna models in the
\models\fractals\ directory. Just grab the 4NEC2 program from:
http://www.qsl.net/4nec2/ (free)
which includes models for fractals and large number of other antennas.
Getting the program to play is easy enough. Understanding the results
is far more difficult.

Hint: For anything in 4NEC2 that has a frequency sweep plot, open the
"Pattern" window and use the left right arrows to see what happens to
the antenna pattern at different frequencies.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Fractal Antennas horde52 Antenna 81 October 27th 04 03:10 PM
Fractal Antennas - Who? AA Antenna 3 October 26th 04 05:46 AM
Fractal antennas Jan Van Belle Antenna 28 June 24th 04 03:27 PM
Are fractal antennas being used in cellphones? totojepast Antenna 16 September 21st 03 07:45 PM
In the Fractal spirit... David Robbins General 3 August 21st 03 04:20 PM